iDEA Growth Member News:
- Boston Globe, 11.9.19 – NBA Hopes DraftKings Deal Will Lead To Increased Interest
- Beginning this season, DraftKings will have access to NBA information for mobile sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.8.19 – Indiana Sportsbooks Hit More Than $90 Million In Wagers In October, Led By DraftKings
- Indiana sports betting handle surged 160% in October over September to $91.7 million after the state launched mobile betting at the beginning of the month.
- Penn Bets, 11.8.19 – Pennsylvania Will Soon Be No. 1 Sports Betting State, Casino Exec Says
- In the middle of a major week of gaming expansion in Pennsylvania that saw DraftKings launch its mobile sportsbook in the state and PokerStars deal the commonwealth’s first legal online poker hand, experts from the sports and gambling realms gathered at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia to assess where these industries are heading.
- WBEN, 11.8.19 – Seneca Gaming Hopes For Sports Betting By End Of Year
- Sports gambling is expected to come to Western New York by the end of this year. Kambi Group will be the vendor for Seneca Gaming Corporation when it implements sports betting at the Seneca Casinos in Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Salamanca.
- Sports Handle, 11.8.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: All The OHs: MO, CO, OH
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 11.8.19 – UK Looks To Make Big Changes To Online Gambling: Lessons For The US
- Members of Parliament (MPs) in the United Kingdom have begun pushing for gambling reform. US state legislators would do well to keep an eye on suggestions the group is making. That’s especially true for those in states still working on legalizing online gambling.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.11.19 – Gaming Operators, Media Companies Discuss Goals In Potential Partnerships (subscription paywall)
- Whether through branded partnerships such as Fox Bet or simple sponsorship opportunities, sportsbook operators and media companies are both looking at the best possible way to capitalize on the growing sports-betting market.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 11.8.19 – Panel: Media Companies Cautious As States Legalize Sports Betting
- S. sports betting legalization is expected to be a bonanza for media companies, but executives at an industry conference this week said they are moving forward with plans cautiously amid market uncertainty.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 11.10.19 – Casino CEOs Love Potential Of Sports Wagering Nationwide
- When the Supreme Court opened the door to nationwide sports wagering with its decision striking down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, there was healthy skepticism over whether sports betting would be as big a deal as proponents suggested.
- ESPN, 11.8.19 – FanDuel, New Jersey Casinos Taking Esports Bets
- Gamblers in New Jersey now can bet on competitive esports at casinos and racetracks, while FanDuel on Friday announced it is the first online sportsbook in the U.S. to take esports betting.
- Sports Handle, 11.8.19 – A Server To The Rescue?: New York Sen. Joseph Addabbo Resumes Push To Bring Mobile To Empire State
- Nearly six months after online sports betting suffered a resounding defeat in the New York Legislature, state senator Joseph Addabbo Jr. is doubling down on efforts to bring mobile to the Empire State.
- CBS New York, 11.8.19 – ‘It’s Just A 5-Minute Ride’: New Yorkers Flocking To New Jersey To Spend Millions On Sports Wagers
- Sports wagering may still be illegal in New York, but that’s not stopping locals from finding ways around that minor inconvenience — and New Jersey is turning out to be the big winners on those bets.
- Online Poker Report, 11.8.19 – Michigan Inching Toward Legal Online Gambling As Key Players Negotiate
- Substantive discussions finally are underway to bridge the gap between Michigan casinos and the governor on internet gambling.
- The Columbus Dispatch, 11.8.19 – You Could Be Betting On Ohio State Football In A Year – And It Would Be Legal
- Sports wagering isn’t legal in Ohio yet, but some state legislators are betting that a bill will make it to the governor’s desk before the legislature leaves next spring.
- Colorado Politics, 11.8.19 – What’s Next For Sports Wagering In Colorado (subscription paywall)
- Colorado voters narrowly approved a referendum Tuesday legalizing sports wagering.
- Play IA, 11.8.19 – PointsBet Could Become The Big Fish In Iowa’s Little Pond
- Despite the fact that Iowa legal sports betting is about to finish its third month, the market’s potential is still mostly unknown because online sportsbooks remain few and far between. That means there is an opportunity, however, and the news of a PointsBet Iowa mobile launch date means that opportunity might soon be seized.
- Indianapolis Business Journal, 11.8.19 – Indiana Sees Huge Jump In Sports Betting With Boost From Mobile Wagering
- Hoosiers wagered nearly $92 million on sports in October—the first month that mobile bets were accepted—according to numbers released Friday by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- Inside Indiana Business, 11.8.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Gains Momentum With Online Access
- Two months after launching legalized sports gambling in the Hoosier State, Indiana’s online and retail handle in October nearly tripled from the previous month, according to data from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- NWI Times, 11.9.19 – Mobile Sports Wagering Already Surpasses Total Sports Bets Placed In Indiana Casinos
- Indiana saw nearly three times as much money wagered on sports in October — the second full month of legal sports betting in the Hoosier State — than September, with much of the surge attributable to sports bets placed using mobile devices, instead of at casinos.
- Kansas City Business Journal, 11.11.19 – Pro Leagues Back Sports Betting In Missouri, But Want In On The Game
- Representatives of professional sports leagues told Missouri lawmakers that they want a cut of revenue if the state approves sports betting.
- Boston Globe, 11.9.19 – Twin River Casino Sports Betting Sees High And Lows One Year After Legalization
- Sports gambling became legal last Nov. 28, and when Twin River Casino in Lincoln and, later, its sister casino in Tiverton began taking sports bets, the tradition of an NFL football Sunday almost immediately took on a brand-new meaning in these parts.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 11.8.19 – Sports League ‘Cats’ And Sportsbook ‘Dogs’: How They Wound Up Working Together
- The euphoria in the U.S. legal gaming expansion community when the Supreme Court opened the sports betting door to all states last year soon gave way to several leagues raising their hands and seeking money from sportsbooks.