iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 11.10.20 – GVC To Fund Gaming And Regulatory Online Courses Through UNLV
- GVC Holdings’ non-profit arm, GVC Foundation US, has announced a gift of $256,000 to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), to help develop online industry training programs led by legal gaming scholars and executives.
- iGB North America, 11.10.20 – Evolution To Launch With Caesars In Pennsylvania
- Live dealer giant Evolution has rolled out a range of its games with Caesars Entertainment in the state of Pennsylvania.
- TN Bets, 11.11.20 – Grizzlies Excited About Sports Betting Partnership With FanDuel
- In a state with no casinos, and by extension no retail sportsbooks, branding takes on a different and potentially heightened importance. That is why FanDuel’s agreement last week to become the official sportsbook partner of the Memphis Grizzlies is a notable one for both parties.
- The Action Network, 11.10.20 – Research Firm: 37 States Projected To Have Legal Sports Betting By 2023
- A projected 37 states will have legal wagering by the end of 2023, and 29 of those states will allow bets online, according to gaming industry research firm Eilers & Krejcik.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.11.20 – Buffet Of Games Saves US Sports Betting From Catastrophic Losses During Pandemic (subscription paywall)
- Gamblers can no longer bet on the same day on games in all four major American sports, but an unprecedented sports-betting equinox prevented a devastating year for Nevada bookmakers becoming much worse.
- Law360, 11.10.20 – Will Biden Upend Sports Gambling? Don’t Bet On It, Attys Say
- Advocates for legalizing sports betting notched another series of victories last week with voters in three more states approving ballot measures, but even with changes in Washington, experts don’t expect the federal government to step into the fray just yet.
- NJ Online Gambling, 11.10.20 – Fixed Odds Wagering In NJ Gets Boost
- A New Jersey state Senate committee on Monday unanimously approved a bill to clarify the status of fixed-odds wagering on horse racing — a move that a lobbyist said was urgent.
- PlayWV, 11.10.20 – West Virginia Gambling Helps State Earn Needed Tax Revenue During Difficult Year
- With many out of work due to COVID-19, the Mountain State’s economy has been severely affected. Fortunately, West Virginia offers a legal gambling market that helped drive lots of added revenue.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.10.20 – Michigan Sports Betting, iGaming Could Be Looking At 2021 Launch
- There was plenty of hope this year that gaming regulators in Michigan could get online sports betting and iGaming started at some point in late 2020.
- PlayMichigan, 11.10.20 – Michigan Sports Betting Hits A New High Of $46M Total Bets In October
- A full month of the NFL and the return of the Big Ten helped Michigan sports betting break records in October, as Detroit’s three casinos accepted $46.1 million in sports bets.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.10.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Still Hitting Records Despite Robust Illinois Market
- The sports betting industry wasn’t sure how the Indiana market would hold up whenever Illinois entered the sports betting scene.
- iGB North America, 11.10.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Records Tumble In October
- The Indiana Gaming Commission has revealed that the state set new records in sports betting revenue and handle for the second consecutive month in October.
- PlayIndiana, 11.10.20 – Wagering Options Galore Help Bolster Indiana’s October Betting Revenue
- Hoosiers placed over $230 million worth of sports bets throughout October.
- Sports Handle, 11.10.20 – Ohio Lawmakers Back In Session. Where Do Sports Betting Bills Stand?
- Buckeye State likely the only one left that could legalize in 2020, and key bill sponsors won’t be back next year.
- PlayIA, 11.10.20 – Nebraska Racinos Could Open Within A year, Have Impact On Iowa Gaming
- Legal poker, slots and table games in the Cornhusker State are no longer a matter of if but when.
- The Quad Times, 11.10.20 – Iowa Capitol Digest
- Iowa gamblers wagered nearly $82 million last month on pro and college sports, setting a monthly record that could be short-lived with November’s betting handle expected to climb even higher with football, this week’s Masters golf tourney and other events.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.11.20 – Nevada Still Split On Online Casino Gaming (subscription paywall)
- Previous efforts to introduce online gaming in Nevada have been opposed by two powerful Las Vegas casino owners, but one attorney believes political and industry changes in the Silver State may now lead to online casino games.