iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gaming Intelligence, 11.12.20 – GVC Holdings Reveals New Growth Strategy And Rebrand To Entain PLC
- Leading publicly listed gaming operator GVC Holdings is changing its name to Entain plc. as it launches a new strategy focused on sustainable growth and innovation.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.12.20 – GVC To Change Name, Exit Unregulated Markets (subscription paywall)
- GVC Holdings has said it plans to change its name to Entain and focus exclusively on regulated markets, as it unveils what it calls its strategy for “sustainability, growth and innovation.”
- Sports Handle, 11.11.20 – FanDuel Sportsbook Director John Sheeran Talks Player Props, Home-Field Advantage, Latency, More
- As each new sports betting handle and revenue report has affirmed, FanDuel Sportsbook has become a national sportsbook juggernaut, leading several states in overall popularity (New Jersey) while on the podium in all others.
- Yahoo! Money, 11.11.20 – It’s Just ‘First Or Second Inning’ Of Sports Betting Legalization: FanDuel CEO
- Yahoo Finance’s Adam Shapiro, Seana Smith and Dan Roberts speak with FanDuel CEO Matt King about the future of legal sports betting.
- SBC Americas, 11.12.20 – Sportradar Launches Intelligence Service For US Clients
- Sportradar’s Intelligence & Investigation Services (I&I), a global team that operates within Sportradar’s Integrity Services division, has today launched a comprehensive suite of products and services for US customers, including its best-in-class due diligence services.
- Sports Handle, 11.11.20 – Wynn Resorts Debuts Wynn Interactive And Aggressive Sports Betting Expansion Plans
- While the initial pack of horses has long left the barn after the Supreme Court overturned the federal ban on sports wagering outside Nevada in 2018, other prominent gaming companies remain eager to get into the mix across the U.S.
- WSN, 11.12.20 – Wynn Resorts Into The Sports Wagering Mix With Wynn Sports Interactive
- While some other prominent name gaming companies broke a bit quicker out of the gate, Wynn Resorts hopes to catch-up quickly targeting the online sports and online casino sector.
- PlayUSA, 11.11.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Sports Betting Stocks Up With Election Buzz
- Wow, what a week. Things went from Election Day to Election Week, culminating with Democrat Joe Biden becoming the 46th President of the United States of America.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 11.12.20 – In-Play Betting In US Is ‘Everything’ To PointsBet (subscription paywall)
- As sports betting expands in the United States, in-play wagers are going to dominate the market, a top executive with Australia-headquartered PointsBet said Wednesday.
- Mass Live, 11.12.20 – Casinos Aim To Control Sports Betting Market In Massachusetts
- The companies that have invested millions of dollars and hired thousands of employees to work at Massachusetts gaming facilities should be the ones to control the sports wagering world here if lawmakers legalize the activity, two of the state’s three casino operators told Beacon Hill leaders.
- WMUR, 11.10.20 – Sports Betting In NH Passes $200 Million In Less Than A Year
- New Hampshire has reached a new milestone in sports betting, with more than $200 million wagered.
- TN Bets, 11.11.20 – Tennessee To Hold First Sports Betting Meeting Since Launch Day
- Tennessee’s sports betting industry is barely a week old, and it’s still taking shape.
- Sports Handle, 11.11.20 – Fate Of Illinois Sports Betting Remote Registration Falls To Pritzker Again
- If remote registration for mobile sports betting in Illinois is to continue, it will require Gov. J.B. Pritzker to extend Executive Order 2020-41 for a fifth time, as his most recent extension of executive orders expires Saturday.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.12.20 – Ohio Sports-Betting Bill Still In Play For 2020 (subscription paywall)
- A key official with Ohio’s casino gaming regulator said this week that if he were to set odds on the state passing sports-betting legislation before year’s end, he would call it a “pick-em.”
- The Action Network, 11.11.20 – Georgia Legal Sports Betting: Could It Launch For A Future Masters?
- The sports world shifts its attention to Augusta, Georgia this week for a potential once-in-a-lifetime autumnal Masters Tournament.
- WWL, 11.11.20 – How Soon Could Louisiana See Sports Betting?
- During the November 3rd election, 55 of Louisiana’s 64 parishes voted to allow sports betting in those parishes.