iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 11.11.21: Entain Touts Powerful Tech Stack With DraftKings Courtship Having Faded
- When a major company walks away from an acquisition attempt in excess of $20 billion, it is only natural for the party on the other side to feel somewhat slighted.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 11.12.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Forbes, 11.11.21: Disney Is ‘Aggressively’ Pursuing Opportunities In Sports Betting
- The company known for creating “The Happiest Place On Earth” is looking to place a wager.
- SBC, 11.12.21: Disney CEO: ‘Sports Betting Is A Very Significant Opportunity For The Company’
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek has described sports betting as a ‘very significant opportunity’ for the company, adding that its sports broadcasting platform ESPN is the ‘perfect’ place for it.
- Play IN, 11.12.21: Record Month Helps Indiana Sports Betting Reach $5 Billion In Wagers
- A bump in admissions helped create a corresponding rise in casino revenue in Illinois, with the state’s Gaming Board reporting $109.1 million in revenue at its 10 venues in October.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.12.21: No More ‘Mississippi Mobile’ Sports Betting? State Weighs Change
- Bills to expand Mississippi sports betting to allow statewide mobile failed each of the past three years. That could change in 2022.
- Carolina Journal, 11.12.21: Long Odds For Sports Betting Legalization In N.C. This Year
- While a bill that would legalize sports betting across North Carolina passed a House committee last week, odds are heavily against it passing the full General Assembly before the session ends.
- Play MI, 11.11.21: Michigan Historical Horse Racing Bill Passes Senate, But Casino Opposition Remains
- The Michigan Senate passed its historical horse racing bill last week, but that doesn’t mean the HHR legislation has a clear path to the finish line.
- WKSU, 11.11.21: A Bill That Would Make Sports Betting Legal In Ohio Is Still In Limbo
- Sports betting in Ohio has been tied up in debate for months, since the Senate added its sports gambling bill to a House measure on veterans’ ID cards this summer.
- THV 11, 11.11.21: Proposed Rule Change Could Allow Mobile Sports Betting In Arkansas
- Arkansans might finally be allowed to place sports bets through a mobile app soon if a proposed rule change is passed.
- Denver Post, 11.12.21: As Horse Racing Stumbles, Colorado Considers Change That Would Expand Access To Betting On The Sport
- A gambler in Colorado can open a sports betting app on a smartphone to place wagers on any pro sports team in the United States, British soccer games, Russian table tennis, European rugby and even Pakistan’s cricket team.
- American Press, 11.11.21: Sports Betting Up And Running In SW La.
- Local elected officials, a Houston-based businessman and DraftKings officials gathered at Golden Nugget Casino Thursday to cut the ribbon on the new Sportsbook space.