iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.16.20 – FanDuel To Make Major Investment In New IL Sportsbook At Fairmount Park
- FanDuel has confirmed plans to launch a destination retail sportsbook in the Illinois sports betting market.
- Sports Handle, 11.16.20 – FanDuel To Move Illinois Sports Betting To Fairmount, Door Open For MGM
- Eight months after the partnership between FanDuel and Illinois racetrack Fairmount Park was first reported by Sports Handle, the daily fantasy and sports betting giant formally announced Monday it will open a retail sportsbook at the 95-year-old track.
- Fortune, 11.15.20 – Free Money, Big Addictions: Inside The Booming World Of Online Sports Betting
- Estimated to generate between $7 billion and $8 billion in annual revenue by 2025, the U.S. legal sports betting market as a whole already pulled in just over $900 million in revenue in 2019, and that’s with less than half of states having legalized the practice.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.16.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: NJ Again Sets National Record
- There was plenty of sports betting news for the industry last week, including earnings reports from the two top US sportsbooks.
- Sports Handle, 11.16.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: NBA Draft, ATP Finals, And Top 10 Showdown In Columbus
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 11.16.20 – Data Capturing Is Focus On SBC/National Sports Forum Webinar
- The issue of big data and how it is being harnessed in the US sports betting industry will take center stage next week at the second installment of the Road to BOSA-Digital (Betting on Sports America – Digital) webinar series.
- SBC Americas, 11.17.20 – Adam Gontarz: Adapting To The Digitalization Of The Casino Market
- The digitalization of the casino market in the US will soon be a top technical need for operators, predicted Adam Gontarz, CEO for web and mobile software developer CrustLab.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 11.16.20 – PGA Tour Players Getting An Education On Sports Betting
- The professional golf world is adapting to the legal sports wagering landscape created by PASPA’s undoing.
- Online Poker Report, 11.16.20 – Twin River Acquisition Of Bally’s Closes Faster Than Expected: Could New NJ Online Casinos Come Equally Quickly?
- Twin River is flowing swiftly when it comes to taking over the Bally’s brand, and hopefully breathing new life into it.
- Boston Business Journal, 11.16.20 – Massachusetts Gambling Revenues Show Slight Decline In October
- Massachusetts casinos generated slightly less revenue for themselves and for the state as the gaming industry across the country grapples with the latest coronavirus surge and new restrictions on casino operations.
- iGB North America, 11.17.20 – Delaware iGaming Revenue Slips To Eight-Month Low In October
- The Delaware Lottery reported a 161.6% year-on-year increase in igaming revenue for October, though this was its lowest monthly total since March.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.17.20 – William Hill Continues To Lead DC Sports Betting As GambetDC Stalls
- William Hill is still, by far, the Washington DC sports betting leader in the latest non-shocker update out of the nation’s capital.
- Associated Press, 11.17.20 – Millions Wagered In First Week Of Tennessee Sports Betting
- Gamblers in Tennessee wagered more than $27 million in the first week of the state’s only online sports betting program, officials said.
- Sports Handle, 11.16.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting Impresses With First-Week Numbers
- Tennessee sports betting operators got off to a strong start, according to Tennessee Education Lottery President and CEO Rebecca Hargrove, who shared Monday that four operators took in $27 million in handle through the first eight days of legal sports betting.
- PlayTenn, 11.16.20 – Tennessee Bettors Wager $27 Million In First Week Of Sports Betting
- The results are in for the first week of legal sports betting in Tennessee, proving Tennesseans have been champing at the bit to get in on the legal action.
- WATE, 11.16.20 – Sports Betting Tennessee: $27.4M Wagered During First 8 Days
- More than $27 million was wagered during the first 8 days of legal sports betting, according to the Tennessee Education Lottery. That’s an average of about $142,719 an hour, or $2,378 per minute.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.16.20 – Mobile Illinois Sports Betting Surges In September Despite Law Crafted Against It
- The popularity of mobile Illinois sports betting is not a surprise but its ability to thrive in a market crafted against it bears mention.
- SBC Americas, 11.17.20 – Illinois Sportsbooks Quickest To Reach $300M Milestone In US History
- Analysts for PlayIllinois.com have cited a “perfect storm” in their assessment of Illinois’ latest sports betting returns as the state got off to the fastest start in the history of US legal sports betting.
- PlayNevada, 11.16.20 – Pull Up A Chair: J. Brin Gibson Appointed As Head Of Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Last week, Gov. Steve Sisolak announced the appointment of J. Brin Gibson as the Nevada regulator’s new chair and executive director beginning Nov. 18.