Industry News of the Day for November 18, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 11.18.21: Draftkings Named Boston Bruins’ Sports Betting Partner
- DraftKings has been named as a sports betting partner of professional ice hockey team the Boston Bruins.
- IGB, 11.17.21: NBA To Receive Equity In Sportradar With Exclusive Data Deal
- Sports data supplier Sportradar has announced its landmark partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) which will see it become the exclusive data provider to the NBA, Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) and NBA G League.
- SBC, 11.18.21: Martin Lycka – The Arrival Of A British-czech Man In New York
- Martin Lycka – SVP for American Regulatory Affairs and Responsible Gambling at Entain – talks about US relocation, the power of the dollar and what it’s like to arrive in a country of 50 states.
- SBC, 11.18.21: Entain Foundation US Joins With Charles Oakley On Responsible Gambling Initiative
- The Entain Foundation US, the not-for-profit charitable trust of betting and gaming firm Entain, is to sponsor an educational initiative led by retired NBA legend Charles Oakley.
- SBC, 11.18.21: EveryMatrix Boosts Miami Office With Greg Ivry Appointment
- Igaming technology supplier EveryMatrix has appointed Greg Ivry to the role of Business Development Manager for its Miami office, reporting to EveryMatrix Americas President Erik Nyman.
- Play USA, 11.17.21: DraftKings Scores Multifaceted Partnership With FaZe Clan
- DraftKings announced it has partnered with lifestyle and media platform FaZe Clan.
- Sports Handle, 11.17.21: FanDuel’s ‘Same Game Parlay’ Trademark Likely To Go By Wayside
- When FanDuel Sportsbook debuted its “Same Game Parlay” in November 2019, it probably didn’t realize that it had created a product that would generate sales like hand sanitizer at the dawn of a pandemic.
- IGB, 11.18.21: Pennsylvania Gaming Revenue Reaches Record High In October
- Pennsylvania operators enjoyed a record breaking month in October, with total market revenue jumping 33.0% year-on-year to with $425.9m.
- Penn Bets, 11.18.21: PA Gaming Industry On Track To Earn $1.3 Billion More Than Any Prior Year
- Back in January, Penn Bets assessed Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board revenue data for the month before, combined it with the outlook for gaming expansion in 2021, and became the first (that we know of) to publicly proclaim $4 billion in annual revenue in reach for the state’s commercial gambling industry.
- Penn Bets, 11.17.21: Good News Comes In Threes When It Comes To PA Gaming Revenue Records In October
- The month of October became a triple crown for Pennsylvania’s gaming industry, setting records in sports betting activity, online casino play, and overall revenue for the casinos and their partners.
- Play NY, 11.17.21: Work Remains Before New York Online Sports Betting Can Launch
- New York is on the verge of launching legalized online sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 11.17.21: Legal Ohio Sports Betting Discussion Moving Along At A Crawl
- Ohio lawmakers have weighed, discussed, and dissected all manner of ways to make sports betting legal in the Buckeye State over the last few years.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.17.21: Maryland Online Sports Betting Likely More Than A Year Away
- Maryland sports betting is taking the slow and steady route, but it will not win any races.
- WMAR Baltimore, 11.17.21: Five Casinos Awarded Sports Betting Licenses After Several Months
- After several months, a key commission has awarded five casinos their sports betting licenses.
- Play NJ, 11.17.21: Why Stop At $1 Billion? New Jersey Sportsbooks Set New U.S. Record With $1.3 Billion October Handle
- New Jersey sportsbooks set a new U.S. record in October, taking more than $1.3 billion in legal wagers and shattering the all-time high set just a month before.
- ESPN, 11.17.21: New Jersey Breaks Own Monthly Sports Betting Record: $1.3B In Bets
- New Jersey’s red-hot sports betting industry smashed its own national record in October for the highest amount of bets taken in a single month, topping $1.3 billion.
- TN Bets, 11.17.21: Tennessee Clears $2 Billion After Record $375.3M Handle For October
- Tennessee became the ninth state to clear $2 billion in sports betting handle in the post-PASPA era, wrapping up its first 12 months of action with a record $375.3 million wagered in October, according to the state’s Education Lottery Corporation.
- IGB, 11.18.21: WA Sports Betting Market To Reach $93.8m At Maturity, WSU Study Claims
- A study commissioned by the Washington State Gambling Commission (WSGC) revealed the state’s tribal sports betting market could be valued at $93.8m in the next five years.
- IGB, 11.18.21: Mississippi Sports Betting Handle Hits All-time High Of $83.5m In October
- Mississippi consumers wagered a record $83.5m on sports in October, while the state’s revenue reached its highest total since October 2019.