iDEA Growth Member News
- PlayUSA: Boyd Closes $170M Purchase Of Pala Interactive
- Boyd Interactive Gaming Inc. completed its $170 million acquisition of Pala Interactive LLC on Tuesday, a significant step toward expanding parent Boyd Gaming‘s online casino footprint around the United States.
- Legal Sports Report: Opinion: NBA Tracking Data Deal Between FanDuel, Sportradar Raises Major Questions
- Last week, news broke of a new partnership between FanDuel and Sportradar involving NBA data, and it appears the moment that no one has been waiting for has arrived. Yes, betting on player tracking data is coming. At least, that is what it sounds like. Does anyone want to bet on that?
- SBC Americas: Caesars Entertainment declares Las Vegas sale backtrack in Q3 report
- Caesars Entertainment declared during its third-quarter financial update that it will be backtracking on its planned divestment of a Las Vegas asset. Within its Q3 release, the operator also announced a year-over-year increase in revenue, with a significant improvement in digital operations.
- iGB North America: CDI closes $2.75bn Peninsula Pacific Entertainment acquisition
- Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) has completed its purchase of substantially all assets of Peninsula Pacific Entertainment (P2E) for total consideration of $2.75bn. The acquisition agreed in February of this year, includes all P2E’s assets and operations in Virginia, New York and Sioux City, Iowa,
- Maryland Sharp: Maryland Sports Betting Grants Geolocation License to GeoComply
- As the launch of Maryland sports betting approaches, the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency has granted a license to GeoComply for geolocation as a Tier One Contractor.
- Sports Handle: ‘Business is booming’: Tennessee celebrates two years of legal mobile sports wagering
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, marks two years since legal mobile sportsbooks went live in Tennessee. The state’s sports wagering market has enjoyed an eventful two years, welcoming major operators into the market, changing regulators, and surpassing $5 billion in handle.
- D Magazine: Texas judge agrees: Dallas was within its rights to shut down a poker room
- Bad news for previously legal Dallas poker rooms. Civil District Court Judge Eric Moye last week ruled that the city was within its rights to revoke a certificate of occupancy for the Texas Card House, reversing a decision by the Board of Adjustment that allowed the poker room to legally operate. The Texas Card House plans to appeal, and a spokesman says it will be allowed to continue operating through the process.
- PlayVirginia: Virginia Collects $411 Million In September 2022 Sports Bets
- From Commanders to the college game, football brought the expected surge in September 2022 sports bets. The Virginia sportsbooks collected $411.3 million for September, according to numbers released Tuesday by the Virginia Lottery.