iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.19.19 – Welcome Back, Mobile: WV Sports Betting Revenue Stabilizing
- The return of mobile apps to the West Virginia sports betting market appears to be taking hold. FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook brought online and mobile betting back to the state at the end of August just days apart.
- Des Moines Register, 11.19.19 – Iowa Sports Betting: FanDuel Becomes Second Daily Fantasy Sports Company To Operate In State
- It is now officially all-systems-go for daily fantasy sports in Iowa. A little more than three weeks after the offshoot of legal sports betting launched in the state with DraftKings entering the fray, the loop was closed Tuesday with FanDuel also going live with its services.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.19.19 – Revenue Reports From The Coasts Show Difference With And Without Mobile Sports Betting
- No one ever accused Delaware and Oregon of sharing anything but proximity to the coast. That extends to their sports betting revenue as well.
- Sports Handle, 11.19.19 – Bill Pre-Filed In Virginia To Legalize Sports Betting In 2020
- On Monday, Republican Delegate Barry D. Knight pre-filed House Bill No. 4 (HB 4), which will look to amend the current Code of Virginia and authorize casino gaming in the Commonwealth, to be regulated by the Virginia Lottery Board. Casino gaming, per the bill, would include sports betting.
- Penn Bets, 11.19.19 – Fox Brand Not Translating Into Big Betting So Far In PA
- Much of the industry buzz upon the release Monday by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board of the October sports betting revenue figures surrounded the positive: handle climbing 24% month over month, tax revenue for the state looking sunny, and FanDuel Sportsbook flexing its muscles.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.20.19 – New Florida Sports-Betting Bills Have Steep Climb To Passage (subscription paywall)
- Successful sports-betting legislation in Florida in 2020 remains a long shot for a host of reasons, both political and legal, but a package of three bills was filed this week to legalize activity through the Florida Lottery.
- Florida Politics, 11.18.19 – Jeff Brandes Wants To Legalize Sports Betting To Raise Money For Education
- Jeff Brandes filed a bill Monday that would officially legalize sports betting for anyone 21 or older. The bill, SB 968, includes guidelines for regulating sports betting and limitations on who can place a bet to avoid unfair advantages.
- Florida Politics, 11.19.19 – Gambling Critic John Sowinski Says Jeff Brandes’ Latest Sports Betting Bill Violates State Constitution
- A key player in the debate over gambling in Florida claims a bill filed this week violates the state constitution. At issue is a bill Sen. Jeff Brandes filed Monday that would legalize sports betting in Florida and place regulatory and oversight authority within the Department of Lottery.
- WCTV, 11.19.19 – State Committee Proposes Legalizing Gambling In Georgia
- Georgia State Representatives are doubling down on a new way to generate some major dollars in the Peach State.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.20.19 – After Election Night Anxiety, Louisiana’s Top Gaming Regulator Turns Bullish (subscription paywall)
- The re-election of Democrat John Bel Edwards to a second term as Louisiana’s governor appears to ensure a promising future for the gaming industry in another staunchly conservative state in the Deep South.
- Play USA, 11.19.19 – Play USA’s ‘On The Record:’ Chatting With An Indiana Exec On Sports Betting
- If you haven’t noticed, Indiana is now part of the sports betting landscape. But the Hoosier State didn’t just come out of nowhere; it has been part of the discussion from the very beginning.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 11.19.19 – Tweet Of The Times: On Social Media, NHL Team Suggests Placing Bet On Game With Gambling Partner
- The latest league-sanctioned trip on the sports betting highway involves the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins, which of course hail from a state, Pennsylvania, where sports betting is now legal.
- Play Pennsylvania, 11.19.19 – Former NBA Commish David Stern: Sports Betting Will ‘Super Charge’ League
- SeventySix Capital’s Sports Innovation Conference at Citizens Bank Park earlier this month featured a day of discussions about sports betting, esports, and sports technology. David Stern closed the event in true headliner fashion, and the former NBA Commissioner earned the biggest laughs with stories and biting wit.