iDEA Growth in the News:
- Gambling Compliance, 11.19.20 – Ohio Legislature Making Progress On Sports Betting (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- During a short Senate committee hearing on Wednesday, sponsors of a plan to legalize sports betting in Ohio say progress is still being made toward passing a bill by the end of the year.
- Sports Handle, 11.19.20 – Time Getting Short For Legal Ohio Sports Betting In 2021 (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Sports betting made its way onto the Senate General Government and Agency Review Committee agenda in Ohio on Wednesday, but the third hearing on SB 111 netted little in terms of advancing the bill.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.19.20 – Ohio Sports Betting Bill Inches Forward In 10-Minute Hearing (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- The wait for a delayed Ohio Senate committee to begin was significantly longer than the actual discussion on sports betting.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- The Boston Globe, 11.20.20 – Patriots Join The Call For Legal Sports Betting In Mass. (DraftKings)
- The New England Patriots have thrown their support behind an effort to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts, according to a letter from gambling and athletics industry interests pushing Beacon Hill to go forward on the matter before the ongoing legislative session expires.
- PlayIllinois, 11.19.20 – Golden Nugget Gains Illinois Market Access, Partners With Danville Development
- If and when the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) approves the Danville casino, Golden Nugget is coming to Illinois.
- Gambling.Com, 11.19.20 – Golden Nugget To Join Illinois Sports Betting, iGaming Markets
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming has entered into an agreement with Danville Development LLC for market access to Illinois for online sports wagering and iGaming, when it is legalized.
- PlayIllinois, 11.19.20 – Will BetMGM Come To Illinois? FanDuel-Fairmount Deal Could Be Invite In Disguise
- Fairmount Park rebranding to FanDuel Sportsbook and Horse Racing was big news in and of itself. But an aspect of the deal that didn’t seem particularly interesting at first glance could make a notable impact on the Illinois sports betting landscape.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 11.19.20 – William Hill Shareholders Approve $3.7 Billion Caesars Takeover
- A required percentage of shareholders of British-based sportsbook William Hill on Thursday approved the recommended $3.7 billion offer from Caesars Entertainment and the implementation of Caesars’ takeover.
- The Wall Street Journal, 11.19.20 – Sinclair Networks To Rebrand As Bally’s In Sports-Betting Partnership
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. is teaming up with Bally’s Corp. to use the casino operator’s brand on its regional sports networks and integrate gambling content to fill the airtime during and between games.
- Associated Press, 11.19.20 – Bally’s Buys Sports Betting Tech Company, Closes AC Purchase
- Bally’s Corp. has purchased a sports betting technology company for $125 million and has finalized the purchase of a casino in Atlantic City.
- Online Poker Report, 11.19.20 – Pennsylvania Table Games Surge In October Thanks To Live Dealer, Now Rivals Slots For Dollars Wagered
- Pennsylvania’s legal online gambling market continued to grow in October. Save for a blip in June, when casinos reopened, this marks 15 months of almost uninterrupted growth for the Keystone State.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.19.20 – Massachusetts Sports Betting Again Rejected By Senate
- The chances of Massachusetts even addressing sports betting this year, let alone legalizing, appear much longer after the Senate‘s budget decisions this week.
- Boston Herald, 11.20.20 – Saying No To Sports Betting A Loss For Bay State Coffers
- Anyone who wagered on the Massachusetts Senate giving the nod to sports betting as it hashed out a fiscal ’21 $46 billion budget just lost.
- iGB North America, 11.20.20 – Delaware Sports Betting Revenue Up Again In October
- Delaware’s sports betting market posted its second highest revenue figures of the year to date in October, though this represented an 11.7% year-on-year decline.
- The Billings Gazette, 11.19.20 – Montana Lottery Won’t Challenge Sports Betting Ruling
- Montana Lottery won’t appeal an October court ruling opening up sports betting to businesses that don’t have an alcoholic beverage license.
- iGB North America, 11.20.20 – OR’s Score Board Breaks Revenue And Handle Records In October
- The Oregon Lottery’s Score Board sports betting app set a new monthly handle record in October, with revenue jumping 86.7% month-over-month.
- PlayUSA, 11.19.20 – How The Pandemic Changed Vegas And What Lies Ahead For The Tourism Mecca
- The global coronavirus pandemic has affected business in Las Vegas differently than most cities in the US.
- Gambling Insider, 11.20.20 – Arkansas Sports Betting Reaches $6.6M In Handle For October
- Arkansas’ three sportsbooks saw a total of $6.6m placed in wagers for October.