iDEA Growth in the News:
- SBC, 11.23.21: SBC Leaders: Giving US Gaming “A Seat At The Table” (mentions Jeff Ifrah)
- One year into his role as President of the American Gaming Association, Bill Miller has made it his mission to ensure that gaming has “a seat at the table”, something which he vowed to never give back.
- SBC Leaders Issue 18 – December 18 – Jeff Ifrah featured on pages 30-32
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.22.21: Which Sportsbook Will Be The Next To Go Live In Wyoming? (mentions FanDuel)
- FanDuel will be the next sportsbook to launch into the Wyoming sports betting market.
- Play NY, 11.22.21: Massive 51% Tax Rate Could Have Ripple Effect On New York’s Online Sports Bettors
- New York State Assemblyman Gary Pretlow never wanted massive tax rates for online sports betting operators. That was former Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his administration.
- Play CA, 11.22.21: How Legalizing Sports Betting In CA Will Help Tackle Homelessness
- Many who oppose the legalization of gambling believe the industry sends at-risk people down the wrong path. However, one California mayor says gambling legislation may wind up helping those in need in his city.
- Play NV, 11.22.21: Could 2022 Be The Year Nevada Sports Betting Apps Allow Remote Account Registration?
- Corporate earnings calls offer a lot of information to the investment community. The vast majority of the topics discussed during these calls are financial.
- ESPN, 11.23.21: Federal Judge Rules Against Online Sports Betting In Florida
- A federal judge ruled late Monday that a new compact between the state of Florida and the Seminole Tribe authorizing online and mobile sports betting violates the Indian Gaming Regulation Act (IGRA).
- Sports Handle, 11.23.21: No More Florida Sports Betting After Judge Rules For Parimutuels
- A federal judge in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled in favor of two parimutuels late Monday, shutting down legal sports betting in Florida.
- FOX 13, 11.22.21: Sports Betting Compact Between Florida, Seminole Tribe Thrown Out By Federal Judge
- Late Monday night, a federal judge ruled the online sports-betting deal between Florida and the Seminole Tribe violates federal law – specifically the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act.
- Play OH, 11.22.21: You Can’t Bet On Ohio State-Michigan In The Buckeye State, But Here’s A Betting Breakdown, Anyway
- It’s finally here. We’re only days away from The Game — Ohio State at Michigan, of course — and unlike most of the folks who actually aren’t Ohio State alumni on social media, we won’t be crossing out our Ms for this story.
- Cleveland 19, 11.23.21: Is Ohio Losing Out On A Windfall Of Revenue From Sports Betting?
- Could Ohio hit the jackpot if it legalizes sports betting?
- TN Bets, 11.22.21: Tennessee SWAC Preparing To Keep Controversial 10% Hold Requirement
- The Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council’s rulemaking committee met Friday to discuss emergency rules and agreed to a set of recommended rules to bring to the SWAC at its next meeting, which will likely be in early December.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.22.21: TN Sportsbooks Smashed Handle Record With $375M Bet In October
- Sports betting in Tennessee is a year old as of Nov. 1 and sportsbooks in the state look like they’re starting to hit their stride.
- WDSU, 11.23.21: Louisiana Issues More Sports Betting Licenses, Sets Target Date For Online Betting
- Louisiana’s state gaming control board issued sports betting licenses to eight casinos in the state.
- MI Bets, 11.22.21: Online Casinos, Sportsbooks Enjoyed A Record-Setting October
- October was a record-setting month for Michigan’s online sportsbooks, as they took in over $463.3 million in bets, shattering March’s record of $359.5 million — that’s a 25% difference.