iDEA Growth Member News
- Las Vegas Sun: Las Vegas-Based Company Light & Wonder Continues As A Leader In Slot Machines
- In March, the slot machine maker formerly known as Scientific Games made a big change. The company switched its name to Light & Wonder, a change necessitated by the sale of its sports betting and lottery businesses, the latter of which kept the Scientific Games moniker. The past year has been one of change for Light & Wonder, which employs about 1,300 people at its headquarters in Las Vegas and about 6,000 worldwide.
- PlayUSA: FanDuel Tough To Top In US Online Gambling Market
- As legal online gambling in the US continues to thrive, one operator has mainly seen significant success. Dominating the US sports betting market with a 42% share, Flutter Entertainment’s FanDuel forecasts full-year profitability in 2023. The company said it believes it can multiply its revenue in 2022. Specifically, by up to five times to nearly $15 billion over the long term, should the operator reach ‘maturity.’
- SBC Americas: Greco To Help US Gaming Operators Combat Bonus Abuse
- Risk management firm Greco has officially launched its services for online casino and igaming operators in the US. Greco has been registered as a vendor in New Jersey, giving the firm permission to provide its gameplay risk engine to US operators.
- PlayMichigan: Record-Breaking October For Michigan Online Casinos Part Of National Trend
- October was a massive month for online casinos — and not just in Michigan. The three biggest iGaming markets in the United States, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Michigan, all set monthly revenue records. Pennsylvania’s $151.7 million in revenue is the new national record for a month, while New Jersey’s $147.2 million is second all-time.
- MichiganSharp: Michigan Online Casino Challenger Brands Gain 14% of Market Share Since Launch
- Michigan online casino gambling is still a new industry. However, nearly two years into its launch, many online gambling insiders may be forgiven for thinking this Big Three market’s revenue story is already ho-hum. Meanwhile, the hidden story is challenger brands managed to gain more than 14% of the iGaming market share since launch.
- PlayOhio: BetJACK Reveals New Pair Of Ohio Retail Sportsbooks
- JACK Entertainment is ready to show off its new in-person sportsbooks in Ohio. The company is opening a pair of new betJACK sportsbooks at JACK Casino Cleveland and JACK Thistledown Racino. Ohio sports betting doesn’t officially begin until New Year’s Day, but that isn’t stopping the company from getting the ball rolling on the new industry.
- SBC Americas: Internet Vikings Approved For Multi-Tenant Cloud Hosting In Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has approved Internet Vikings to provide its multi-tenant cloud hosting product in Pennsylvania. The approval allows the global hosting provider to increase the number of online sports betting and igaming clients it services in the Keystone State.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Pennsylvania: Don’t Gamble With Kids? The State Should Heed Its Own Advice
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has a silly solution for a serious problem. Scores of customers at local casinos continue to leave kids locked in their cars while they go inside and gamble. So how does the gambling board plan to address this life and death issue? With public service announcements. Ads on TV, radio, and social media will contain the following message: “Don’t Gamble with Kids.” There’s even a website.