- US Bets, 11.28.18 – Leagues Eyeing Double-Dip into Washington D.C.’s Sports Betting Queso?
- In a surprise twist, the sports betting legislation up for consideration in Washington, D.C. could now include a royalty that the gaming industry, through the D.C. Lottery, would have to fork over to the sports leagues.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.28.18 – DC Sports Betting Bill Advances as Committee Removes Proposed ‘Royalty Fee’
- During a Wednesday hearing in the District of Columbia Council, language trading a “royalty fee” for the use of official league data was taken out of an active sports betting bill. The Committee on Finance and Revenue rejected the proposed amendment from sponsor and Chairman Jack Evans by a unanimous verbal vote.
- Press Herald, 11.28.18 – Rhode Island brings legal sports betting to New England
- The state of Rhode Island, once the epicenter of mob-controlled bookmaking operations across New England, made its first foray into legal sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.29.18 – Bet365’s New York Sports Betting Deal Signals Greater Ambitions for US Regulated Market
- Penn Bets, 11.28.18 – Mohegan Sun Says No to Online Poker; Stadium Eyes South Philly Sportsbook
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) met today to discuss and act on a number of issues, most notably awarding a conditional online gambling permit to the parent company of Mohegan Sun.
- Sharon Herald, 11.19.18 – State’s first sports betting launch
- Pennsylvania’s first sports betting parlor at the Hollywood Casino at Penn National is up and running and four other casinos are getting ready to start.
- Calvin Ayre, 11.29.18 – Pennsylvania okays three more casinos for sports betting
- Pennsylvania’s sports bettors will soon have more legal wagering options after state regulators gave tentative approval to three casinos’ sportsbook plans.
- PlayNJ, 11.28.18 – Former NJ Regulator to Lead US Sports Betting Integrity Monitoring Group
- A group of US sports betting operators has launched an organization dedicated to sports betting integrity. The Sports Wagering Integrity Monitoring Association (SWIMA) is modeled on the European Sports Security Association (ESSA).
- Daily Press, 11.28.18 – Fairfax lawmaker wants to ‘Keep Virginia’s money in Virginia’ by allowing sports betting
- Sen. Mark Sickles, D-Fairfax, filed a bill this week that he says would help “keep Virginia’s money in Virginia” by allowing sports-betting platforms like DraftKings to operate in the state.
- Sports Handle, 11.28.18 – Missouri Lawmakers Will Continue Push for Sports Betting
- Hartford Courant, 11.29.18 – Connecticut falling behind as Rhode Island begins sports betting
- As professional sports betting starts in Rhode Island this week, Connecticut is falling further behind in the high-stakes battle for gambling dollars that is playing out across the country.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.28.18 – Attorney General Wants to Fund Pensions with Kentucky Sports Betting Revenue
- No new federal updates to report.
Sports league updates:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.28.18 – NBA Announces US Betting Data Rights Deals with Sportradar, Genius Sports
- The NBA continues to lead the charge for official data as it relates to the rollout of US sports betting.
- iGaming Business, 11.28.18 – NBA signs first data supply partnerships
- Sportradar and Genius Sports have become the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) first data partners in the US, in a deal that allows the pair to offer official NBA data to sports betting operators across the country.
- Press of Atlantic City, 11.28.18 – U.S. leagues cashing in on sports betting they once fought
- Professional sports leagues, which once vehemently fought the prospect of legal sports betting, are now scrambling to get in on it.
- WILX 10, 11.28.18 – NBA Confirms Sports Betting Deal
- The National Basketball Association has reached a deal to provide official league data to licensed sports betting providers.
- Forbes, 11.29.18 – MGM Resorts Hits Trifecta with MLB Gaming Partnership, Not Close on Potential NFL Betting Deal
- In reaching a comprehensive gaming deal with Major League Baseball earlier this week, MGM Resorts International reverted back to a playbook that has dictated the company’s sports betting strategy in the brief Post-PASPA era.
- Digital Journal, 11.28.18 – Online Gambling Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018-2025
- This report studies the global Online Gambling market size, industry status and forecast, competition landscape and growth opportunity. This research report categorizes the global Online Gambling market by companies, region, type and end-use industry.
- iGaming Business, 11.29.18 – Caesars launches SG Digital managed trading services
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation has strengthened its sports betting offerings in New Jersey and Mississippi offerings with the launch of SG Digital’s Managed Trading Service (MTS) solution.
Overall industry updates:
- Sports Handle, 11.28.18 – DraftKings CEO Robins Reveals Sports Betting Already Crushing it for Company Overall
- The numbers are beginning to show that DraftKings’ metamorphosis from a daily fantasy sports operator to sportsbook-first company is moving at Ludicrous Speed. The DFS aspect of the company isn’t going anywhere, but the revenue, and obviously growth potential in the U.S. is in legal sports betting.
- Online Gambling, 11.28.18 – ICE Day 1: New Jersey Again at the Forefront of a Sports Betting Conference
- The ICE Sports Betting USA conference in Manhattan this week is centering on the remarkable change in the U.S. gaming legalization landscape this year.