iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 11.3.21: Draftkings Pens Odds Partnership With iHeartmedia
- DraftKings has entered into a multi-year strategic partnership with US audio network iHeartMedia.
- SBC, 11.3.21: Everymatrix Adds Former William Hill US CFO To Its Board
- Igaming technology supplier EveryMatrix has appointed Mark McMillan to its board of directors as of October 1, where he will advise on the firm’s future development plans and help produce success in the regulated US igaming market.
- Play NY, 11.2.21: PointsBet Gambles On Industry Rookie Kyle Christensen To Seek Out Casual Customers
- Kyle Christensen’s goal as the new Chief Marketing Officer for PointsBet is simple: bring in customers like himself.
- Play NY, 11.2.21: New York May Announce Winning Sportsbook Bids This Week
- The bidding process for online sports betting in New York is close to the finish line.
- Sport Handle, 11.2.21: Sources: ‘Super Bid’ And One Other Will Win Coveted NY Mobile Sports Betting Approvals
- The New York Gaming Commission is close to awarding mobile sports wagering bids to two consortiums made up of the most prominent names across the U.S. sports betting industry, multiple sources told Sports Handle Tuesday night.
- New York Post, 11.2.21: New York Expected To Name Online Sports Betting Operators This Week
- New York is expected as early as this week to name at least two operators to begin offering online sports betting, according to a source familiar with the matter.
- Sacramento Bee, 11.2.21: California Tribes Want To Cut Online Competitors Out Of Sports Betting With Proposed Initiative
- Several tribes are airing a proposed ballot initiative that would give them control of sports betting in California while blocking card rooms and commercial giants like DraftKings and FanDuel from opening operations here, according to a memo obtained by The Sacramento Bee.
- KETK, 11.2.21: Sports Betting Is Now Legal In Louisiana, Here’s What This Means For East Texans
- Over the past few years the sports betting industry has exploded.
- Hartford Courier, 11.2.21: The First Week Of Sports Betting And Online Casino Gambling Drew Enough Activity To Push Connecticut To No. 9 In The US
- In the first week of legal sports betting and online casino gambling in Connecticut, 1.2 million transactions took place, propelling the state to No. 9 among states in overall online sports betting and traffic, a geographic tracking company says.
- Southern Maryland Chronicle, 11.3.21: Everything You Need to Know Before Betting Online in Maryland
- Thanks to voter approval in a November 2020 referendum and the enactment of a new sports betting statute in spring 2021, sports betting will soon be available in Maryland.
- SBC, 11.3.21: Virginia’s Sportsbooks Experience Significant Sales Jump As NFL Season Drives Wagers
- Virginia’s nine sportsbooks sales data for September revealed a significant increase in wagers, coinciding with the beginning of the 2021 NFL season.
- Play NV, 11.2.21: Another Billion-Dollar Month For Nevada Casinos Stems From Record-Breaking Sports Betting Numbers
- September was a huge month for casinos — and specifically a record-breaking month for sportsbooks in Nevada.
- SBC, 11.3.21: Tennessee Sportsbooks Take In Record $253m As NFL Season Excites Users
- Tennessee’s sportsbooks earned a new record $253m in revenue from wagers in September following a quiet summer of activity.
- Play Tenn, 11.2.21: Tennessee On Pace To Reach $2 Billion In Wagers Within First Year
- Tennessee sports betting is back in action with a new monthly record after experiencing the summer slumps in July and August.
- Sports Handle, 11.3.21: Do Parimutuels Have A Chance At Stopping Florida Sports Betting? Experts Don’t Think So
- Nearly from the start, Florida’s sports betting legalization and launch have been mired in challenges — opponents brought three lawsuits and one ballot initiative proposal within four months of the state legislature approving sports betting by the Seminole Tribe.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.2.21: Friday Showdown Looms In Florida Sports Betting Case, Feds Want To Go It Alone
- All Florida sports betting eyes turn to a federal district court in the District of Columbia on Friday.
- Tampa Bay Times, 11.3.21: Betting On Sports In Florida Just Got As Easy As Ordering A Pizza
- The casino is now open. All day, every day, on your phone.
- Axios, 11.3.21: Seminole Tribe Starts Online Sports Betting
- The Seminole Tribe quietly launched online sports betting in Florida this week despite continuing legal challenges to a gambling deal with the state approved in May.
- MI Bets, 11.2.21: Which Sportsbook Is Winning In Michigan? Well, It Depends
- So which sportsbook rules the roost — at least so far — in Michigan?
- Sports Handle, 11.2.21: Takeaways From Passage Of Illinois HB 3136, Covering Array Of Gambling Policies
- After building the house that is sports betting in Illinois more than two years ago, it was time for some touch-ups and maintenance. Enter state Reps. Bob Rita and Mike Zalewski, who are at the forefront of gambling legislation in the state.