iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 11.4.20 – Evolution Agrees To Live Casino Product Deal With FanDuel
- Live casino solutions provider Evolution has formalized an agreement with the FanDuel Group to offer its live casino product to the DFS and sports betting group’s US casino customers.
- Memphis Business Journal, 11.4.20 – FanDuel Goes All In With Memphis Grizzlies
- The Memphis Grizzlies quickly took advantage of the state’s recent launch of mobile sports betting.
- Sports Illustrated, 11.4.20 – Three-State Sweep: Maryland, Louisiana And South Dakota Say Yes To Legal Sports Betting
- Three new additions bring the total to 21 states that have now legalized sports betting in America.
- Online Poker Report, 11.3.20 – America Votes 2020: Your Guide To Gambling-Related Ballot Questions And Their Impact For Online Poker And Casinos
- This is it. The day Americans and, indeed, the whole world have been waiting for with some mixture of anticipation, hope, anxiety or abject terror: the 2020 federal election.
- Gambling.Com, 11.4.20 – Virginia & Nebraska OK Casinos; Colorado Gaming Measure Passes
- Virginia, Nebraska and Colorado voters on Tuesday approved adding casinos and expanding gaming options in their states by wide margins.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.4.20 – US Sports Betting Hits Jackpot On Election Night (subscription paywall)
- Referenda to approve sports betting in Maryland and South Dakota plus casinos across Nebraska and Virginia were all projected to pass after initial vote counts on a historic election night in the United States.
- iGB North America, 11.4.20 – Voters In Maryland, Louisiana And South Dakota Back Sports Betting
- Sports betting is coming to Louisiana, Maryland and South Dakota, after voters backed measures on yesterday’s (November 3) election ballot to regulate the vertical.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 11.4.20 – PlayUp Positioned For Rapid US Expansion After $25M Capital Raise
- Australian betting operator PlayUp has secured a $25m capital raise through a non-renounceable entitlement offer which, it says, will position the firm for rapid expansion into the multi-billion dollar US market.
- Play VA, 11.3.20 – Voter Majority Say Yes To Norfolk Casino
- The project faced some organized opposition, but Norfolk voters tonight formally greenlit the Pamunkey Casino Resort.
- Play VA, 11.3.20 – Danville’s Caesars Casino Approved By 70/30 Margin
- The ballots have been tallied, and Virginia voters have formally approved Caesars Casino Resort Danville.
- Play VA, 11.3.20 – All But Official: Hard Rock Casino Coming To Bristol
- Voters have cast their votes, and Hard Rock Bristol Hotel and Casino is coming to Virginia.
- Play VA, 11.4.20 – Like Neighboring Norfolk, Portsmouth Residents Approve Casino Proposal
- Thanks to Portsmouth voters, the Rivers Portsmouth Casino Resort will soon become a reality.
- The New York Times, 11.4.20 – Maryland Question 2 Election Results: Allow Sports Betting
- Sports and events betting would be legalized at certain licensed facilities, and the revenue generated would be primarily dedicated to funding public education.
- Sports Handle, 11.4.20 – Maryland Voters Legalize Statewide Mobile Sports Wagering
- With 100% of Election Day results reported early on Wednesday morning, a referendum that asked voters to decide if they backed legal sports betting in Maryland led by a considerable margin.
- The Tennessean, 11.3.20 – Why The Arrival Of Legal Sports Betting Could Be Music To Tennessee’s Ears
- Under normal circumstances, one visit to Nashville is all it takes to understand its Music City moniker.
- Online Poker Report, 11.3.20 – Cutting The Padlock: Michigan Casino Self-Exclusion Now Reversible After Five Years
- For almost 20 years, gamblers in Michigan who voluntarily self-banned themselves from the three Detroit casinos were making an all-or-nothing decision.
- Sports Handle, 11.4.20 – Nebraska Voters Approve Major Gaming Expansion
- As of midnight CST, and with nearly 80% of precincts reporting, Nebraska was poised to approve a massive expansion of gaming that could ultimately allow for legal retail sports wagering in the state.
- The Action Network, 11.4.20 – Voters Approve Nebraska Casino Expansion
- Nebraska voters are set to approve three constitutional amendments that will legalize, regulate and tax commercial gaming, respectively.
- The Action Network, 11.3.20 – South Dakota Sports Betting Approved By Voters
- South Dakota voters approved sports betting on the 2020 ballot, allowing legal sportsbooks in Deadwood as early as next year.
- SDPB Radio, 11.4.20 – Voters Support Deadwood Sports Gambling In Early Returns
- Unofficial election results show sports gambling in Deadwood headed for approval.
- Sports Handle, 11.4.20 – Most Louisiana Parishes Approve Retail Sports Betting
- For the second time in two years, Louisianans legalized some form of sports betting.
- The Advocate, 11.3.20 – Sports Betting Wins Support In These Louisiana Parishes; Here Are The Next Steps
- A ballot measure that would allow betting on football games and other sports won lopsided approval Tuesday night across south Louisiana, including in Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Lafayette.
- KSLA, 11.4.20 – Results: 55 Out Of 64 Parishes Approve Sports Betting
- Parish by parish, voters decided whether or not sports betting would be legal.
- PlayColorado, 11.4.20 – Colorado Approves Amendment 77; Amendment C Still Waiting To Be Called
- The choice before Colorado voters was simple.
- Gambling.Com, 11.3.20 – Decision By Judge Overturns a Montana Sports Betting Rule
- A Montana state rule that limited sports betting to just businesses with an alcohol beverage license within the state has been overturned.