Industry News of the Day for October 1, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 10.1.21: Mohegan Gaming And Fanduel Launch Sports Betting In Connecticut
- Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment (MGE) and FanDuel Group have launched a retail sports betting experience in the state of Connecticut via a temporary Mohegan Sun FanDuel Sportsbook retail location at Bow & Arrow Sports Bar.
- SBC, 10.1.21: Paysafe Secures Payments Partnership With Fubo Gaming
- Specialized payments platform Paysafe has announced a partnership with Fubo Gaming, the Chicago-based subsidiary of sports-first live TV streaming platform fuboTV Inc.
- Sports Handle, 9.30.21: Is A Three-Way Deal In The Cards For BetMGM, DraftKings, And Entain?
- As sports betting stakeholders converge upon Las Vegas next week for one of the nation’s largest gambling conferences (G2E), the industry is still buzzing about a proposal that could transform digital sports wagering for the next decade.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 10.1.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- SBC, 10.1.21: Joe Asher Joins IGT As President Of Sports Betting
- Former William Hill US CEO Joe Asher has made a swift return to the high-profile end of the business, taking up the role of President of Sports Betting at IGT, effective immediately.
- Sportsbook Wire, 9.28.21: WATCH: Betting 101 – Understanding The Basics Of Sports Betting
- Looking to get started betting on sports? BetFTW’s Mackenzie Salmon is here to help by breaking down the Money line, Point spread and Total (Over/Under).
- IGB, 9.30.21: Nevada Gaming Revenue Passes $1bn For Six Consecutive Month In August
- Nevada gaming revenue hit $1.17bn in August, the sixth month in a row that the state has reported a ten-figure total, and a significant improvement on the prior year’s figures.
- Play MI, 9.30.21: As Detroit Visits Chicago, We Ask: How Does Illinois Sports Betting Compare With Michigan?
- With the Detroit Lions set to visit the Chicago Bears on Sunday, we in Michigan thought it was a good time to check in with our gambling industry friends in Illinois.
- IGB, 10.1.21: Grand Central To Open Elys-powered Sportsbook In DC On October 4
- Grand Central has announced it will launch the new Elys Game Technology-powered retail sportsbook at its Grand Central Restaurant & Bar in Washington DC on October 4.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.30.21: Arizona Sports Betting Lawsuit Back In Progress After Amended Filing
- The lawsuit to stop Arizona sports betting is still rolling forward as the Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe filed an updated amended complaint Monday.
- Sports Handle, 10.1.21: Connecticut Launches Sports Betting To Modest Crowds
- Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont described the advent of legal sports betting in his state as “a long time coming,” but a late announcement and midweek debut made for a modest audience for such wagers on opening day Thursday.
- Westport News, 9.30.21: Connecticut Casinos Unveil First Sports Betting Offerings
- Daniel LeBlance drove from his home on Thursday in New York City to Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut to place one of the first bets on professional and collegiate level sports teams, now that it’s legal in the state.
- Action Network, 9.30.21: Connecticut Retail Sportsbooks Open; Online Betting Set for Next Week
- Connecticut‘s first legal retail sportsbooks opened Thursday, days before mobile sports betting is set to launch statewide.
- NBC CT, 9.30.21: Sports Betting Begins in Connecticut’s Casinos
- Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun opened their sportsbooks Thursday as legalized sports betting began in Connecticut.
- WSHU, 9.30.21: Connecticut’s Two Casinos Kicked Off The State’s First Legal Sports Betting Events
- Retail sports betting in Connecticut officially began Thursday with launch events at the state’s two tribal casinos.
- CBS NY, 9.30.21: Sports Betting Now Legal In Connecticut
- In Connecticut, it’s now legal for sports fans to bet on their favorite sports team.
- The Patriot Ledger, 9.30.21: Sports Betting Goes Live In Yet Another State Bordering Massachusetts
- In-person sports betting begins Thursday in Connecticut, giving New Englanders another option for placing legal wagers on Tom Brady’s long-anticipated return to Foxboro on Sunday.
- Independent Tribune, 10.1.21: Drive For N.C. Sports Betting Bill Stalls In House
- The N.C. Senate bill that would legalize sports betting on phones and at various venues is stuck in the House, and it may not see action until next year’s session.