iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 10.14.21: Golden Nugget Online Launches In WV And VA With Scientific Games
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has partnered with Scientific Games to launch an online sportsbook in Virginia, as well as internet sports betting and igaming in West Virginia.
- SBC, 10.14.21: Sportradar Makes Fraud Detection System Free To Combat Suspicious Sports Matches
- Sportradar Integrity Services, a unit of global sports technology giant Sportradar, has identified more than 1,100 suspicious sports matches since the global pandemic began in April 2020, with 655 of those matches detected in the first nine months of 2021.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.13.21: Whom Did PointsBet Slide In With For Canadian Partnership?
- PointsBet continues its push into Canada sports betting with a key partnership in the country.
- North Nevada Business Weekly, 10.14.21: Competitive Sports Betting Market Leads Operators To Find New Messaging Channels (mentions DraftKings and FanDuel)
- On the Friday before the NFL’s third weekend slate of games, veteran sportscaster Trey Wingo offered his analysis on the matchups and the point spreads.
Overall Industry News:
- Play USA, 10.13.21: PlayUSA Rewind: Majority of Louisiana Casinos Apply For Sports Betting Licenses
- This week, Louisiana is on the verge of launching sports betting at commercial properties. Also, New York regulators continue to review operator applications, and we provide an update on Oregon and Connecticut.
- Play NY, 10.13.21: Former NBA Commissioner David Stern’s Unexpected Impact On Sports Betting Industry Still Resonates
- David Stern, like many others his age, was not exactly tech savvy. This quality, however, did not prevent the former NBA commissioner from cashing in on the technology industry.
- Westport News, 10.13.21: Online Sports Betting Soft Launch Going Well, CT Agency Says
- The limited rollout of online wagering in Connecticut is “going well so far,” according to the state Department of Consumer Protection, which is on track to allow online gambling statewide beginning Oct. 19, barring any issues.
- IGB, 10.14.21: Delaware Igaming Revenue Down In September Despite Higher Player Spending
- Online gambling revenue in Delaware fell 5.4% year-on-year in September despite players in the state spending 43.7% more on igaming.
- Play OH, 10.13.21: How The Ohio Conference Committee For Sports Betting Legislation Will Unfold
- Conference committee members are out in Ohio, but that doesn’t mean the committee will meet right away.
- TN Bets, 10.13.21: Sports Betting On My Mind? Looks Like It — Again — In Georgia
- Seven months after Democrats torpedoed an expansion of gaming in Georgia in retaliation for a Republican bill targeting voting rights, lawmakers are saying they’ll try again in 2022.
- Sports Handle, 10.13.21: Federal Officials: Throw Out Florida Lawsuit That Would Delay Sports Betting Launch
- Federal attorneys filed a 51-page memorandum Tuesday seeking dismissal of a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of the Interior over its failure to reject a Florida sports betting compact between the state and the Seminole Tribe.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.13.21: Illinois Sports Betting Steams Toward End Of Archaic Signup Rule
- Baseball continued to drive Illinois sports betting in August as football warmed up.
- FOX 5, 10.13.21: DC Restaurant With Privately Owned Sports Betting Book Now Operating In Adams Morgan
- The first D.C. restaurant approved to open a sports book is now ready for your bets!
- WinkNews, 10.13.21: Sports Betting In Florida Close But Not Yet Ready To Launch
- Sports betting becomes legal in Florida Friday, but you won’t be able to place your bets immediately. Not a single casino in the state has announced a date it will start taking wagers.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.13.21: Feds Respond To West Flagler D.C. Lawsuit On Florida Sports Betting
- The Department of the Interior and Secretary of the Interior, Deb Haaland, responded Tueday to the Florida sports betting lawsuit brought by West Flagler Associates challenging the validity of the federal agency’s approval of the gaming compact signed between Governor Ron DeSantis and the Seminole Tribe of Florida.