iDEA Growth Member News
- Charlie Passut for US Gaming Review: New Report Could Help Win Support for Online Casinos in Indiana
- In an exclusive, iDEA Growth State Advocacy Director John Pappas told US Gaming Review that the 103-page report written by Spectrum Gaming Group at the behest of the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) is a sign that the Hoosier State wants to be the seventh US state to offer online casino and, possibly, poker.
- Jerome Garcia for Gambling News: FIFA and the FBI Join Forces to Ensure Soccer Integrity
- The international body tasked with governing soccer and developing the game around the world, FIFA, announced that its Integrity Task Force held its first meeting in Zurich. The recent meeting comes ahead of the kick-off of the FIFA World Cup 2022, set for November 20 in Qatar.
- iDEA Growth member Sportradar is mentioned in the article.
- Matthew Waters for Legal Sports Report: Kambi, PENN Entertainment Reach Deal On Barstool Sportsbook Transition
- PENN Entertainment and its sportsbook platform provider Kambi reached an agreement last week on Barstool Sportsbook moving to its own platform. PENN is moving the Barstool brand to a proprietary trading platform starting in 2023.
- Jill R. Dorson for SportsHandle.com: Latest Polling Suggests Support For California Wagering Initiatives Growing
- On the same day that executives from DraftKings and FanDuel essentially conceded they’ll lose on a ballot initiative to bring digital wagering to California, a new San Diego Union-Tribune/KGTV 10 survey suggested that backing for both the retail-only Proposition 26 and digital-only Proposition 27 is growing.
- Steven Schult for PlayCA.com: Well, Actually… : Rebutting Tribal Arguments Against California Online Sports Betting
- During a Global Gaming Expo (G2E) panel titled “California Sports Betting: Tribal Campaign Update,” Victor Rocha, Jacob Mejia, James Siva and Sara Dutschke discussed the California sports betting ballot initiatives.
- Adam Hensley for PlayIA.com: Iowa Sports Betting Handle Sees Steady Increase In September
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission released its September numbers, which showed a sports betting handle of $200,230,740.78. That’s more than a $78 million increase from August.
- Derek Helling for PlayUSA.com: Massachusetts Gaming Commission Reviews Potential Sports Betting Rules
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) met again on Thursday, devoting a lot of time to reviewing potential regulations for sports betting. While there is still no firm timeline for when either in-person or online betting in the state might begin, the MGC is moving toward that goal. Thursday’s meeting consisted of a lot of necessary discussions over how to start the process of approving license applications.
- Rob Fletcher for iGB North America: Detroit Casino Revenue Declines In September
- Revenue from the three commercial casinos in Detroit, Michigan, declined month-on-month and year-on-year in September. Total revenue for the month amounted to $103.4m, which was 2.5% lower than $106.1m in August this year and also 6.3% down from $110.4m in September of 2021.
- Jack McGee for PlayMissouri.com: The Case For Compromise: Missouri Sports Betting In 2023
- Sports betting arguably holds the most widespread bipartisan support it’s ever had in the state of Missouri. And yes, early indicators suggest 2023 will be the year of legalization. But those optimistic for a speedy passage should be cautious.