iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play USA, 10.16.19 – The West Is Next: Oregon Online Sports Betting Goes Live [SBTech]
- After months of anticipation, the Oregon Lottery launched its Scoreboard betting app on Wednesday.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.16.19 – Fox Bet Hits Home Run With New MLB Data Partnership [The Stars Group, DraftKings]
- On Tuesday, FOX Bet announced a new multiyear partnership with Major League Baseball. It makes the FOX Bet mobile sports betting an authorized gaming operator of MLB in the United States.
- The Lines, 10.16.19 – The NFL Is Gaming On Some Big Fantasy Sports (Betting) Deals
- This deal between the Colts and FanDuel comes on the heels of DraftKings and the NFL signing a DFS deal. DraftKings is the first-ever Official Daily Fantasy Partner of the NFL. This deal gives DraftKings league-wide marketing rights.
- Insider Sport, 10.16.19 – US Expansion At The Heart Of Sportradar’s Optima Acquisition
- Following Sportradar’s acquisition of omnichannel platform provider Optima, the firm’s CEO Carsten Koerl said that the deal can elevate the sports betting capabilities of both brands.
- SBC Americas, 10.15.19 – SG Digital Helps GeoComply To $45,220 NCPG Aid
- GeoComply and partners including SG Digital, Worldpay Gaming and Sightline Payments raised $45,220 for the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) on the eve of the annual Global Gaming Expo (G2E), which runs this week in Las Vegas.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.17.19 – Key U.S. Sports-Betting Execs Keen To Avoid Bonusing ‘Death Spiral’ [subscription paywall]
- Legislators and lobbyists have sometimes used the phrase “race to the bottom” to describe negatively the expansion of sports betting state-by-state, but top executives from several leading sportsbook operators spoke on Wednesday about avoiding a similar race in competing with one another.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.17.19 – Settlement Unlikely In Wire Act Dispute As Presidential Politics May Intervene [subscription paywall]
- With a federal appeals court in Boston preparing to consider a case which could alter the future of internet gambling in the United States, chances of a settlement between the U.S. Department of Justice and the New Hampshire Lottery Commission appear to be remote.
- Penn Bets, 10.17.19 – Pennsylvania Sports Betting Handle Nears $200 Million In September
- Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry soared to new heights in September.
- Sports Handle, 10.16.19 – Go West! Oregon Lottery Launches Mobile Sports Betting
- The Oregon Lottery on Wednesday officially launched its “Scoreboard” sports betting app, making it the first state in the West to offer state-wide mobile sports betting. The launch happened in the late afternoon, after more than a year of preparation.
- WHO, 10.16.19 – More Than $47 Million Bet On Sports In Iowa
- It looks like the start of the college and pro football seasons is paying off for the 15 Iowa casinos with sports betting operations.
- KUNC, 10.16.19 – To Fund Water Plan, Colorado Lawmakers Want To Gamble On Sports Betting
- This November, Colorado voters will decide if sports fans can take their wagers above board, tax the proceeds, and spend that new revenue on a long list of water projects in the state, everything from expanded reservoirs to urban conservation to agricultural efficiency.
- CBS 46, 10.16.19 – Lawmakers Push For Expansion Of Legal Gambling
- Your state lawmakers are thinking of taking a gamble on more gambling in Georgia. Horses, casinos, and sports betting!
- The Center Square, 10.16.19 – Special Economic Committee Discusses Gaming In Georgia
- Georgia lawmakers held a series of meetings this week at the state capitol to look at the potential of launching a gaming industry in the state.
Sports League News:
- CNBC, 10.16.19 – NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman On Why He’s ‘Evolved’ On Sports Betting
- NHL comissioner Gary Bettman joins “Power Lunch” to discuss the rise of sports betting and how it’s integrated into sports and venues.