- SBC Americas, 10.2.20 – Wedge Index Aims To Track US States’ Gaming Accessibility
- Wedge News has confirmed this week the launch of Wedge Index, a new rating system of gaming accessibility for each US state based on the regulated gambling options available to consumers.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.1.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Parent Joins Sports Betting Cash Race
- Another day, another sportsbook operator getting nearly $1 billion from the public markets. This time, it’s newcomer Barstool Sportsbook.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.2.20 – Fate Of Wire Act May Be At Stake In Nevada Senator’s Battle With Adelson (subscription paywall)
- One of her own constituents poses the biggest obstacle for Nevada Senator Catherine Cortez Masto as she leads the Democrat Party’s efforts to regain majority control of the U.S. Senate in the November 3 elections.
- PlayNJ, 10.1.20 – NJ Gaming News: Freehold Quietly Opens Sportsbook; AC Casinos Get Tax Relief
- Here we are four weeks into the 2020 NFL season, and NJ sports betting is front and center.
- ROI-NJ, 10.1.20 – Why Tipico, Global Sports Betting App Is Making Big (Hiring) Bet On NJ
- Tipico, one of the 10 biggest global sportsbooks, hopes to have its sports app available in the U.S. in the coming weeks — and has plans to launch a huge marketing campaign to promote it.
- PlayPennsylvania, 10.1.20 – Correction: PA Horse Racing Handle Actually Up $7.1 Million in 2019 Reporting
- Good news pony pickers, railbirds, lovers of long shots, and others who care about horse racing in Pennsylvania. The 2019 live handle did not decrease as the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) stated in an annual report released last month.
- Gambling.Com, 10.1.20 – Delaware September Sports Betting Handle, Revenue On Rise
- Despite sports betting numbers being down in September compared to a year ago at the same time, Delaware saw a substantial increase in its September sports betting handle and revenue compared to August.
- WMDT, 10.1.20 – Maryland Residents To Decide Future Of Sports Betting, Budget Process This November
- In a little over a month Maryland voters will be heading to the polls to answer two very important questions that could change the way the state views the current budget process, and sports betting.
- WUSA9, 10.1.20 – Should Maryland Vote Yes On Legalizing Sports Betting?
- Sports betting has already been legalized in D.C. and Virginia. Now Maryland has a chance to get in on the action.
- Online Poker Report, 10.1.20 – Michigan’s Interstate Poker Bill Clears Senate And Heads To The House
- Michigan’s chances for interstate online poker are looking way up. Senate Bill 991 passed a Senate floor vote by a wide margin on Wednesday, and now needs approval from the House of Representatives and the governor to become law.
- PlayMichigan, 10.1.20 – Historical Horse Racing Almost Derails Poker Compacting Senate Passage
- Michigan took the first step toward having multi-state online poker player pools Thursday with the Senate passing the legislation.
- The Action Network, 10.1.20 – Online Illinois Sports Betting Sign Ups Continues, But For How Long?
- Illinois sports betting registrations are supposed to be completed in person, but an executive order has allowed online sign ups on a month-to-month basis.
- PlayIndiana, 10.1.20 – Caesars-William Hill Buyout Could Delay The App’s Indiana Launch
- Caesars is adding another big company to its portfolio.
- PlayIA, 10.1.20 – Deadwood Gaming Proponents Hope South Dakota Voters Keep Sports Betting Measure Alive
- If a statewide vote on South Dakota sports betting goes the way of the proponents this fall, Iowa casinos could see fewer bettors from their neighboring state next year.
- KATC, 10.1.20 – Sports Betting To Be On November Ballot
- In November, voters across Acadiana will decide if they will allow sports betting in their parishes.
- PlayColorado, 10.1.20 – When Will Barstool Launch Its Sports Betting App In Colorado?
- Those who want the Barstool mobile app in Colorado will have to wait a little bit longer.
- Associated Press, 10.2.20 – Tracks, Casinos Push For Gambling Expansion In New Mexico
- New Mexico’s commercial racetrack and casino venues have crafted a proposal for an expansion that would include internet gaming, 24-hour casino operations and unlimited video slot machines and table games.
- PlayCA, 10.1.20 – Bay101 Casino, City Of San Jose Settlement Could Lead To Gambling Expansion
- After nearly a decade, the city of San Jose has worked out a Bay101 lawsuit settlement. The deal between the cardroom and the city increases the cardroom’s operating costs in one way, but also opens the door for it to collect more revenue.