- Legal Sports Report, 10.19.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Handle Records Continue To Fall
- Sports betting handle continues to make news across the country as bettors dropped record amounts in September.
- Sports Handle, 10.19.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Monday NFL Doubleheader, World Series Opener, And Final Presidential Debate
- The “What’s On Tap,” series will preview the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- PlayNJ, 10.19.20 – Five Reasons Why NJ Online Casino Revenue Cruised To Almost $90 Million Again
- The NJ online casino industry generated $87.6 million in revenue in September, and that’s good enough for its second-best month ever.
- Online Poker Report, 10.19.20 – Penn National Chasing Rivers For Market Leadership In Pennsylvania As Growth Continues In September
- Pennsylvania’s legal online gambling market grew slightly in September. Total revenue for online slots, table games and poker rose 2% relative to August, setting an all-time record of just over $57 million.
- Penn Bets, 10.19.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Starts Out A Distant Third In PA With Hopes Of Closing The Gap
- There was a long wait for Penn National Gaming’s Barstool Sportsbook app to arrive in Pennsylvania and much curiosity about what impact it would have in a market that already had nine online sportsbooks.
- Bucks County Courier Times, 10.19.20 – PA Lawmakers: COVID-19, Video Gaming Terminals Threaten Casino Revenues, Local Share Taxes
- Illegal video gaming terminals, as well as efforts to expand their use outside of the casinos, also take away from revenues — and reduce a major source of funding for casino host communities, state and county officials said Monday.
- CBS Baltimore, 10.19.20 – Larry Hogan Supports Ballot Question On Sports Betting, Opposes Changes To Budget Process
- Larry Hogan has weighed in on more items Marylanders will see on their ballots this fall.
- PlayWV, 10.19.20 – Online Casinos In West Virginia Start Strong With Significant Growth In The Cards
- West Virginia online casinos are here to stay over the long haul. After bettors in the Mountain State had to wait patiently for casino betting to go mobile, they’ve taken full advantage of its launch.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.20.20 – Tennessee Scrambling To Meet November Online Betting Launch (subscription paywall)
- Just weeks before the state is expected to allow mobile betting operators to go live, Tennessee officials are still fine-tuning their regulations, including honing the types of wagers permitted on collegiate events.
- Legal Sports Handle, 10.19.20 – Still More To Do Before Tennessee Sports Betting Launches November 1
- With Tennessee sports betting prepared to go live in under two weeks, there’s still more to get done before operators can officially launch.
- TN Bets, 10.19.20 – Tennessee Basically Copies Sports Betting List From States With Experience, Expertise
- As the legal and regulated U.S. sports betting industry and market matures, states are increasingly borrowing best practices from each other to streamline some elements of regulation.
- iGB North America, 10.20.20 – TN Lottery Revenue Grows To $492.8m In First Quarter
- The Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation (TEL) transferred $114.0m to the Lottery for Education Account following a record performance in the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year.
- PlayIA, 10.19.20 – William Hill’s Council Bluffs Locations Could Draw Nebraska Bettors
- The Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission approved a round of licenses, setting up both the launch of William Hill at Harrah’s and Horseshoe Council Bluffs as well as the imminent online launch of theScore.
- iGB North America, 10.20.20 – William Hill Grows Iowa Presence With New Retail Locations
- William Hill US has expanded its footprint in the state of Iowa by opening new sports betting facilities at two Caesars Entertainment properties in Council Bluffs.
- Gambling.Com, 10.19.20 – Will Louisiana Sports Betting Vote Follow Path Of DFS?
- Along with making some important political choices on Nov. 3, Louisiana voters in the state’s 64 parishes will give a thumbs up or thumbs down on sports wagering.
- iGB North America, 10.20.20 – Mississippi Sees Further Sports Betting Growth In September
- The Mississippi Gaming Commission has reported a 17.9% year-on-year rise in sports betting revenue in September, while the US state’s handle also increased during the month.
- Associated Press, 10.19.20 – New Mexico Tribes Concerned About Pitch To Expand Gambling
- Native American leaders in New Mexico are raising concerns about a proposal by non-tribal racetracks and casinos to overhaul the industry and open the state to Las Vegas-style gambling.