iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.21.19 – After A Year In The US, Kambi Has Some Takeaways On American Bettors
- If you were putting together an expert panel on sports betting in Pennsylvania, Kambi would warrant a spot.
- Play NJ, 10.21.19 – At Long Last, NBA Odds (Sans Rockets) Are On The Board At Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- The NBA regular season opens on Tuesday night. And the Golden Nugget sportsbook is taking action on 29 of the 30 teams.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.19 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Football Season Pushes US Markets To New Heights
- Happy Monday, y’all, and welcome back to your regularly scheduled sports betting catch-up.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.22.19 – S. Casinos Ready For New Era Of Cashless Gaming [subscription paywall]
- With new payment methods a key theme of last week’s Global Gaming Expo, American Gaming Association (AGA) president and CEO Bill Miller believes casinos are ready to give their patrons a cashless experience.
- Online Poker Report, 10.21.19 – After Sports Betting Trial Run, Google Ads Ready For US Online Gambling
- A report surfaced last week, indicating that Google will soon expand the range of ads related to gambling it permits in the US market.
- WSN, 10.22.19 – College Bans Sports Betting, While Other Schools Stay Neutral
- In colleges all over the country, athletic directors and school officials are cautiously wading into the waters of sports betting as it expands throughout the United States.
- SBC Americas, 10.21.19 – NJ Online Sports Betting Continues To Grow As Football Makes Its Return
- New Jersey’s online casino and sports betting sites continue to show growth, with total online gross revenues in September increasing by $10m when compared to August.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.19 – FanDuel Sportsbook Cleared For Indiana Sports Betting Launch Tomorrow
- FanDuel Sportsbook received approval to launch online sports betting in Indiana as early as Tuesday from the Indiana Gaming Commission over the weekend.
- KMTR, 10.21.19 – Oregon’s ‘Scoreboard’ App Crosses $1 Million In Wages
- The Oregon Lottery’s sports betting app’s first weekend is in the books, setting some records in the process.
- WPRI, 10.21.19 – Over 12,000 Sign Up For RI Mobile Sports Betting
- More than 12,000 people have signed up for online sports betting in Rhode Island since the new offering launched last month, though many have not taken the final step to activate their accounts.
- The Providence Journal, 10.22.19 – RI Sports Betting Revenues For First Quarter Were Less Than Half Of What State Budgeted
- Despite the convenience of mobile wagers from anywhere in Rhode Island, the state is again well behind its sports betting revenue estimates more than three months into the fiscal year.
- 5280, 10.21.19 – What You Need To Know About Proposition DD
- This measure, which will be included on the statewide ballot in November, asks voters to legalize sports gambling to fund Colorado water projects.
Sports League News:
- Gambling Compliance, 10.22.19 – NHL Set To Be First U.S. League To Allow Land-Based Betting During Games [subscription paywall]
- The National Hockey League (NHL) will likely be the first major professional sports league to allow ticketholders to place bets at a physical, in-arena location during games, the league’s commissioner has confirmed.
- Sports Handle, 10.22.19 – The Many Ways NBA Has Embraced Legal Sports Betting
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver advocated in favor of expanded, regulated sports betting in the U.S. almost four years before a Supreme Court ruling in May 2018 made the new landscape a reality. Legal sports betting is now live in 15 states and growing.