Industry News of the Day for October 22, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 10.21.21: Draftkings VC Fund Raises $60m For Sports Tech Investments
- DraftKings’ venture capital fund – Drive by DraftKings – has announced that it has raised $60m (£43.4m/€51.5m) in its first venture fund round.
- SBC, 10.22.21: Geocomply’s Idcomply Now Fully Licensed In New Jersey With Amelco And Playup
- GeoComply Solutions Inc has confirmed that its KYC solution for the igaming industry, IDComply, has been fully incensed in New Jersey. It launches in the state with Amelco and PlayUp.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 10.22.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- IGB, 10.21.21: NBA All-Star Kevin Garnett joins BetMGM as brand ambassador
- NBA Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett has joined BetMGM as the sportsbook operator’s latest brand ambassador.
- US Bets, 10.21.21: MSG Networks Goes All-In On Sports Betting
- Legal and regulated mobile sports betting isn’t coming to New York state until 2022, but MSG Networks is not waiting for that kickoff to offer its own launch into the new business.
- Play NJ, 10.21.21: New Jersey Sports Betting Is Not Done Setting U.S. Gambling Records
- The headline-grabbing news of New Jersey sportsbooks eclipsing the $1 billion handle milestone in September may have come as a surprise to some. For those in New Jersey sports betting circles, it was inevitable.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.21: Pennsylvania Sports Betting Nears Three-Year Handle Record
- Pennsylvania sports betting joins the growing list of markets making big jumps in September.
- Play NY, 10.21.21: Assembly Sponsor Wants A Word With NY Governor On Sports Betting
- Assemblyman Gary Pretlow told PlayNY that he plans to call Gov. Kathy Hochul’s administration Thursday afternoon to express his concerns about online sports betting in New York.
- Sports Handle, 10.21.21: Books Face Deadline To Conform With N.Y. Tax Rate Matrix Amid Collusion Warnings
- As the NFL season nears its midway point, the New York Gaming Commission is about to complete a key procedural step in the state’s competitive mobile sports betting bidding process by early next week.
- Play USA, 10.21.21: Outside Gambling Interests Descend On Florida As Seminole Litigation Intensifies
- Seminole Gaming was legally allowed to begin taking sports bets through its Hard Rock Digital brand in Florida on Oct. 15.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.21: Getting Testy In DC Version Of Florida Sports Betting Litigation
- Tell me if you have heard this one before: West Flagler Associates oppose the intervention of the Seminole Tribe in their Florida sports betting lawsuit against the Secretary and Department of the Interior.
- IGB, 10.22.21: Maryland Gaming Commission Approves Two More Sports Betting Licenses
- Maryland Lottery and Gaming Commission has granted two additional sports betting licenses to Hollywood Casino in Perryville and Ocean Downs Casino in Berlin.
- IGB, 10.22.21: Washington DC Sets Records For Betting Revenue And Handle In September
- Sports wagering revenue in Washington DC reached a new monthly record of $3.8m in September, while the district saw its handle surpass $20.0m for the first time.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.21: New TN Sports Betting Executive Director Addresses Minimum Hold
- The Sports Wagering Advisory Council made one of its most important decisions to date last week as it takes over as TN sports betting regulator.
- KVPI, 10.21.21: Wyoming Aims To Expand Sports Betting By End Of Year
- The first month of legalized sports betting in Wyoming wrapped up only a few weeks ago, but the state’s gaming commission is already anticipating expansion in the near future.
- WAFB, 10.21.21: La. Sports Betting Moving Through Final Hurdles
- Many of you have been anxiously waiting to bet on some of your favorite sports. And although we are close to the light at the end of that tunnel, there are still a few final details that need to be worked out.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.21.21: Analysis: Ontario Sports Betting Rules Appear Friendly To Industry
- The comment period for draft Ontario sports betting standards closed in August, and the final regulatory standards were released in September. Operators will like the rules.