iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 10.5.21: Pointsbet Pens Multi-year Extension With PGA Tour
- Online gambling operator PointsBet has signed a three-year extension to its content and marketing partnership with golf’s PGA Tour.
- SBC, 10.5.21: Geocomply Reports Record-breaking Levels Of Betting After Opening Four Weeks Of NFL
- Geolocation specialist GeoComply, having tracked the first four weeks of NFL action in the 2021/22 season, reports that sports betting transactions continue to break records in the US.
- SBC, 10.5.21: INTRALOT Integrates Paysafe Platform To Power Sports Bet Montana Payments
- Specialized payments platform Paysafe has forged a new partnership this week with global gaming solutions provider INTRALOT.
- SBC, 10.5.21: Low6 Partners With Pointsbet And PGA TOUR For Free-to-play Game
- Low6 has strengthened its presence across the US market after being named as the provider of the Official PGA TOUR free-to-play game, which will be presented exclusively by PointsBet.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 10.5.21: Consolidation In Sports Betting Operations Unlikely To Slow Down (DraftKings, Golden Nugget, and Entain mentioned)
- The sports betting world is in midst of another flurry of billion dollar-plus consolidation moves that are shaking up the industry, a trend that isn’t expected to slow down anytime soon.
- Seeking Alpha, 10.5.21: Draftkings And Fanduel Dominate Sports Betting App Downloads During Crucial Month Of Football (subscription paywall)
- Morgan Stanley breaks down where sports betting app market share stood at the end of September. The month is considered key with the NFL season having started and college football ramping up from the late August season launch.
- Play MI, 10.4.21: You Know These 7 Sports Betting Apps, But You Can’t Use Them (Yet) In Michigan (bet365 and 888 mentioned)
- With 14 brands that provide internet gaming and sports betting in Michigan — and a 15th on the way sometime — state residents have plenty of choices when it comes to online gambling.
- Action Network, 10.4.21: Sports Betting News: DraftKings’ Latest Moves Reaffirm Nevada Investment
- DraftKings will open a major new office in Las Vegas, bringing more than 1,000 employees to Nevada by 2022, the company announced Monday.
- Wall Street Journal, 10.4.21: Fanduel Names Amy Howe As New Chief Executive
- Global gambling operator Flutter Entertainment PLC on Monday named Amy Howe chief executive officer of its U.S. sports betting unit FanDuel Group after she stepped into the role as interim CEO in July.
- PYMNTS, 10.4.21: U.S. Sports Betting Market Too Saturated, Says New FanDuel Head
- A new chief executive of gambling, sportsbook and fantasy sports company FanDuel said the U.S. gambling market is too crowded, ultimately leading the throngs of competitors to fail, according to a Monday (Oct. 4) report from Financial Times.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 10.5.21: Where Does U.S. Betting Industry Stand Three Years Into Post-PASPA Expansion?
- Nevada stood alone with legal, single-game sports betting until the spring of 2018.
- US Bets, 10.5.21: Why State Lawmakers Love Sports Betting But Still Fear Online Casino Gaming
- One of the leading curiosities of the past several years is how many U.S. states have legalized sports betting — about half — versus the few that have done the same with online casino gaming.
- Sportico, 10.4.21: Sports Betting Likely to Resemble Wall Street Financial Markets (subscription paywall)
- Thomas Halikias (founder, Drives Football) believes in-game micro sports betting will transform the way sports fans wager on games.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.4.21: MA Sports Betting On Back Burner, Senate President Says
- Senate President Karen Spilka is in no rush when it comes to considering an MA sports betting bill.
- Play IN, 10.4.21: Indiana University Survey Shows Majority Of Hoosiers Gambled In Past Year
- A recent survey conducted by Indiana University shows that gambling is a common thread amongst many Hoosiers. While that’s good news for gaming enterprises in the state, the responses also point to areas of improvement within the industry.
- Seattle Times, 10.4.21: Emerald Queen Casino Partners With Big Operators For Sports Betting
- The Puyallup Tribe said Monday it has partnered with leading gambling operators to establish sports betting at its Emerald Queen Casino locations in Fife and Tacoma, pending regulatory approval.
- Sports Handle, 10.4.21: Stakeholders Seek Numerous Changes To Maryland’s Proposed Sports Betting Rules
- The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency late last week released public comments on its proposed sports betting rules, showing that stakeholders reacted loudly and prolifically.