iDEA Growth Member News
- From Vixio Gambling Compliance: Indiana Leads List Of Online Casino Contenders For 2023
- The Indiana Gaming Commission last week released a 95-page independent report on the potential regulation of online casinos, which could serve as a manual for lawmakers in the Hoosier State when they convene in January.
- iDEA Growth’s John Pappas is quoted in this article.
- From Yahoo! Finance: Breakeven Is Near for Shift4 Payments, Inc.
- We feel now is a pretty good time to analyze Shift4 Payments, Inc.’s business, as it appears the company may be on the cusp of a considerable accomplishment. Shift4 Payments, Inc. provides integrated payment processing and technology solutions in the United States.
- Eric Ramsey for PlayUSA.com: The State of Play: Football’s Back; California Sports Betting Showdown
- An in-depth look at the start of the NFL season, the California sports betting showdown and other headlines impacting the US gambling market.
- Jeff Edelstein for SportsHandle: Academic Paper Shines Light On America’s Sports Betting Failures
- A soon-to-be-published academic paper on the state of legalized sports betting in America spells out how we got here but also — and perhaps more importantly — where the failures in the system lie. The paper, titled Legalized Sports Wagering in America, will be published in an upcoming edition of the Cardozo Law Review and was penned by John Holden of Oklahoma State University, Marc Edelman of the City College of New York, and Keith Miller of Drake University Law School.
- Jessica Welman for SBC Americas: AGA report says gaming CEOs feeling hopeful about the next 6 months
- Forecasts indicate economic headwinds are on the horizon, but a new report from the American Gaming Association (AGA) indicates casino operators are actually optimistic about the rest of 2022. While casinos in the US have thrived while other industries struggled during the pandemic, there is reason to expect the industry eases moderately going into 2023.
- Matthew Kredell for PlayCA.com: New Independent Poll Forecasts Failure For Both CA Sports Betting Propositions
- The first independent polling on Prop 26 shows the tribal in-person sports betting initiative likely headed toward defeat, just like online sports betting on Prop 27.
- Brant James for Gaming Today: Government Wants to Go Solo in Florida Sports Betting Appeal
- The Department of the Interior’s appeal of a 2021 gaming compact between the state of Florida and the Seminole Tribe continued with a planned paperwork procedure on Monday. The government wants to do it itself. In an answering brief filed with the US District Court of Appeals, DC Circuit, government lawyers essentially told the Seminole Tribe’s legal team and court, “we got this,” asserting that it alone could handle the slow-moving process.
- Chris Altruda for USBets.com: Hard Rock And Rockford Start Prepping For The Headline Act
- Last November, when Hard Rock opened its temporary casino in Rockford, Illinois, it was aptly titled “A Hard Rock Opening Act.” Here was an internationally known brand name offering itself to a community that not only wanted casino gaming but wanted this specific brand of casino gaming — something 815 Entertainment President Dan Fischer recounted last Wednesday during the ceremonial groundbreaking for the $310 million permanent venue in northern Illinois.
- Marian Rosen for PlayIA.com: Iowa Casino Fines To Increase Following Commission Meeting
- For the first time in 32 years, the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) plans to raise fines for casinos that violate underage gambling and self-exclusion laws. The commission may triple the minimum penalty for Iowa casino fines, raising it from $1,000 to $3,000, as was discussed at a commission meeting last week in Des Moines.
- Matthew Waters for Legal Sports Report: MD Regulator ‘Confident’ Mobile Sports Betting Launches This Year
- The head of Maryland‘s gaming regulator said he’s “confident” mobile MD sports betting will launch this year. John Martin, director of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, gave his most positive statement yet about online Maryland sports betting at VIXIO‘s Meet the Regulators webinar Tuesday.
- Paul Costanzo for PlayMichigan.com: Over 50 Alleged Gambling Machines Seized In Sept. Raids
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board announced Tuesday the seizure of more than 50 alleged gambling machines and $12,700 in alleged illegal gambling profits from four late-September raids. Joint investigations between the MGCB and the Michigan Attorney General’s office led to the raids, which took place Sept. 28 and 29.
- Robyn McNeil for PlayNY.com: Gaming Commission Names NY Casino Location Board
- The New York State Gaming Commission has announced its selections to the Gaming Facility Location Board. The new panel is responsible for establishing three new New York casinos in the state. In a shortened meeting on Monday, NYSGC announced its board picks alongside a website dedicated to the board’s work.
- Hill Kerby for PlayOhio.com: Ohio Survey A Key Tool In Stopping Problem Gambling
- Every five years, the Ohio Casino Control Commission conducts a Gambling Prevalence Survey to follow gambling behavior among adults. The 2022 survey will be the third in the state’s 10-year casino gambling history.