iDEA Growth in the News:
- Gambling Compliance, 10.6.19 –Illinois Gaming Board Urged To Allow Co-Branded Online Betting [J. Ifrah mentioned as iDEA Growth spokesman, DraftKings quotes]
- FanDuel, DraftKings, The Stars Group and MGM Resorts International are among companies urging the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) to allow operators to offer online sportsbooks co-branded with local casinos and racetracks, in the latest round of a fierce lobbying fight.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 10.4.19 – Fox Bet Adds Online Casino Games To NJ Sports Betting App
- Fox Bet customers in New Jersey received a push notification at 6 p.m. Friday promoting a new product addition. PokerStars Casino now exists as a tab in the Fox Bet mobile app, offering NJ online casino games alongside the sportsbook interface.
- Play WV, 10.4.19 – Steady As She Goes: DraftKings, FanDuel Continue To Lift West Virginia Sports Betting Handle
- Online sportsbooks have once again contributed to setting a new record for the highest sports betting handle ever recorded in West Virginia. After another week of having mobile sports betting apps, WV residents placed over $6.6 million in bets for the week of Sept. 21.
- Play NJ, 10.4.19 – Flutter-Stars Group Merger Means Its Business As Usual For FanDuel, Fox Bet In NJ
- Imagine if the top-grossing sportsbook app in the state teamed up with a competitor that many thought would eventually grow into its biggest rival. Well, that’s almost exactly what happened this week.
- Sports Handle, 10.4.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Oregon’s Temp Rules, TN Adds Board Members, Much More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.7.19 – US Market Poised For Supply Chain M&A, Says Analysts [subscription paywall]
- The recent spate of mergers and acquisitions in the gambling industry will continue, according to analysts, amid a growing appetite in the United States for supply chain synergies and gambling industry expertise.
- US Bets, 10.4.19 – Legal U.S. Sports Betting: Which States Are Next?
- The annual G2E Global Gaming Expo is almost at hand — it’s Oct. 14-17 in Las Vegas at The Venetian — and this week SBC Americas and the American Gaming Association presented a webinar about the explosion of legal, regulated sports betting in the U.S.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.4.19 – First Few Weeks Of VGT Operations Fuel Truck Stops With $325K In Revenue
- The first revenue numbers on video gaming terminals (VGTs) from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) are in. The initial revenue report covers the first six weeks of VGT operations.
- Play USA, 10.4.19 – Indiana Debuts Online Sports Betting With Two Sportsbooks
- Indiana has joined the ranks of states with online/mobile sports betting with not one, but two operators debuting on the same day. First up was the BetRivers Sportsbook via Rush Street Interactive. Yesterday, Rush Street, in partnership with French Lick Casino, helped the Hoosier State became the seventh to introduce customers to online sports betting.
- Journal & Courier, 10.5.19 – Purdue About To Ban Sports Betting For Faculty, Staff; Here’s How One NCAA School Did It
- Since Purdue President Mitch Daniels first hinted three weeks that the university was on the verge of telling staff, faculty and, potentially, 44,551 students they couldn’t make what now are legal bets on Boilermaker sports, the Big Ten school has been quiet on details heading toward a possible Oct. 10 decision by Purdue’s trustees.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 10.6.19 – Would-Be Legal Bettors Chime In On Illinois Sports Betting Launch: ‘Get On It Already’
- State regulators received hundreds of pages of public comments from all ends of the pending sports wagering industry.
- Bloomberg Tax, 10.7.19 – Sports Betting Tax To Go Before Voters In Colorado
- Colorado voters will decide next month whether to legalize sports betting and immediately subject it to taxation.
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 10.5.19 – Letter Requests Pause On Arkansas Casino; Lawmaker Wants All Issues Cleared
- A state representative asked the Arkansas Racing Commission to hold off on awarding a casino license in Pope County until all lawsuits and investigations are completed, saying any license would be “tainted by corrupt activities.”
- KXLH, 10.4.19 – Montana Lottery Sports Betting Draft Rules Available For Public Comment
- The Montana Lottery released proposed rules that would cover sports gambling in Montana, and wants the public to weigh in on the proposal.
- Play IA, 10.5.19 – First Two Weeks Of Legal Sports Betting Revenue Look Promising For Iowa
- It isn’t a bumper crop for the Hawkeye State’s treasury yet, but early returns look promising. The first two weeks of Iowa sports betting revenue showed that residents and visitors to the state were ready.
- Des Moines Register, 10.4.19 – It’s Legal, So Why Isn’t Daily Fantasy Sports Wagering Up And Running In Iowa?
- Most Iowans looking to profit from their sports know-how have enjoyed legal wagering in the state for weeks.