Industry News of the Day for October 8, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.8.20 – Which US Sportsbook Brand Do People Recognize The Most?
- While state reports track revenue and handle, they don’t track participation, as in how many people are actually betting. Thanks to a new survey from market intelligence firm Civic Science, we have an idea.
- Yahoo! Finance, 10.7.20 – FanDuel CEO On Sports Betting Amid COVID-19: ‘We’re Seeing A Lot Of Room For Continued Growth’
- Fanduel CEO Matt King joins Yahoo Finance’s Zack Guzman to discuss the sports betting outlook amid COVID-19 uncertainties.
- iGB North America, 10.8.20 – OR Sets Betting Handle Record In September, But GGR Declines
- Oregon’s SBTech-powered Scoreboard sportsbook set another record for handle at $26.2m in September, but saw revenue fall by 8.1% to $1.5m thanks to a negative margin for football bets.
- SBC Americas, 10.8.20 – Kindred And EPIC Risk Management Form New US Training Partnership
- Gambling harm minimization consultancy EPIC Risk Management has again teamed up with Kindred Group to provide training and development sessions for its staff in the US.
- Gambling.Com, 10.7.20 – AGS, BetMGM Reach Agreement For Online Casino Content (GVC Holdings)
- Las Vegas-based AGS has found another outlet for its online gaming content.
- The Action Network, 10.7.20 – U.S. Sports Betting Handle Hits Record As Casinos Bounce Back Slowly
- American sportsbooks recorded their highest monthly handle and second-highest monthly revenue total this August, according to an American Gaming Association report released Tuesday.
- NY Sports Day, 10.7.20 – Sen. Addabbo: 2020 Passage Of NY Mobile Sports Betting Bill Still Possible
- New York may have been dealt a budgetary blow by President Donald Trump’s decision to halt COVID-19 federal stimulus talks, but despite the setback, New York’s mobile sports betting bill could still see the light of day this year, N.Y. Sen. Joseph Addabbo told NY Sports Day in an interview.
- PlayNJ, 10.7.20 – NJ Sports Betting, Say Hello To Tipico, Freehold, And Maybe Barstool Sportsbook
- The NJ sports betting landscape is constantly changing. Here we are in the third full NFL season since the New Jersey legalized sports betting, and operators are still entering the market.
- PlayPennsylvania, 10.7.20 – Zero Sum Game? PA Casinos Vehemently Oppose VGT Expansion Bill At Senate Committee Hearing
- What’s best for public policy, state revenue, and law enforcement when it comes to possibly adding more slot-like video gaming terminals, or VGTs outside of PA casinos? Or definitively allowing – or outlawing – PA skill games across Pennsylvania?
- Legal Sports Report, 10.7.20 – What Baltimore Sun Editorial Missed On Maryland Sports Betting Vote
- Sen. Craig Zucker is confident he would have had a complete Maryland sports betting bill for this year’s referendum had the coronavirus pandemic not shut everything down.
- PlayUSA, 10.7.20 – October Brings Exciting Online Gambling & Sports Betting News To Michigan
- In Michigan, football usually dominates the airwaves in October. But the Detroit Lions are off to a slow start, and the University of Michigan and Michigan State have yet to take the field. Instead, it’s Michigan sports betting and other gambling-related topics that are the source of excitement.
- PlayMichigan, 10.7.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Coming To Detroit’s Greektown Casino In November
- Michigan Stoolies might have their choice of sports betting options with their favorite brand in Detroit.
- PlayIllinois, 10.7.20 – Here We Go Again: Mobile Sign-Up Decision Looms As Illinois COVID-19 Outlook Remains Steady
- t’s that time again, Illinois sports bettors. Will Gov. JB Pritzker extend the mobile registration window come Oct. 17?
- Chicago Sun-Times, 10.7.20 – COVID-19 Costs Illinois $200 Million In Gambling Tax Revenue; August Sports Betting Handle Nears $140 Million
- Overall, gambling tax revenue for the state fell by 13.4% to $1.2 billion last fiscal year. Officials will look to legal sports betting and other gaming revenue streams to help recover from pandemic losses.
- Sports Handle, 10.7.20 – Hawthorne, PointsBet The Perfect Marriage For Illinois Sports Betting
- Whether you call them “scrappers” or a “startup” doesn’t really matter to the teams at Illinois’ Hawthorne Race Course or sportsbook operator PointsBet.
- Gambling.Com, 10.7.20 – Louisiana State Sen. Barrow Peacock Q&A On DFS, Sports Betting
- Louisiana is one of several states with gambling-related issues on the Nov. 3 ballot. In Louisiana’s case, the question will be whether to allow sports wagering.
- Denver Business Journal, 10.8.20 – Table Tennis: The Unlikely Hero Of Colorado Sports Betting Shows Resilience Of Gaming Market
- When Coloradans went to the ballot to allow sports gaming last year, no one anticipated it would launch at a time when professional sports were inactive because of a global pandemic.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.8.20 – Nevada Poised To License First Tribal Casino Operator (subscription paywall)
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) on Wednesday unanimously recommended licensing approval for Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment to become the first tribe to operate a commercial casino in Las Vegas.