Industry News of the Day for September 13, 2019
- Online Poker Report, 9.12.19 – August Another Record-Setter For New Jersey Online Gambling Industry
- Even if we ignore the increasing contribution from sports betting, the remarkable growth spurt for New Jersey online gambling continued in earnest in August.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.12.19 – Thin August Calendar Does Not Slow NJ Sports Betting Revenue
- Without top-shelf events on the calendar, NJ sports betting revenue could have reasonably fallen off in August.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.12.19 – New Jersey Sports Handle Still Clocking In At Nearl $300 Million During Off-Month
- Who needs NFL? OK, let’s not go that far, but the New Jersey sports betting industry had itself a solid month despite the NFL only being in warm-up mode.
- Online Poker Report, 9.12.19 – More Pennsylvania Online Casinos Imminent; Still No Timeline For PA Online Poker
- After what felt like an eternity to some, September may finally be the month that Pennsylvania fully gets the ball rolling for online gambling.
- PlayUSA, 9.12.19 – More Time Needed To Determine The Success Or Failure Of Virtual Sports In PA
- When Xpress Sports launched in August 2018 through the Pennsylvania Lottery, Drew Svitko expressed optimism.
- Sports Handle, 9.12.19 – New Hampshire Angles For Mass Money
- With an eye toward capturing as much out-of-state money — read: Massachusetts — as possible, seven New Hampshire towns are preparing to put a matter of sports betting to the voters.
- PlayWV, 9.12.19 – Breaking It Down: A Closer Look At The Initial WV Online Sports Betting Figures
- With mobile betting now live and football season underway, the West Virginia Lottery released sports betting revenue numbers over the weekend. The start of the college football betting season produced string revenue numbers and the NFL should add to that.
- NWI Times, 9.12.19 – Region Settles In As Hub Of Legalized Sports Betting
- Until Illinois is up and running with state sanctioned sports betting locations, which doesn’t appear likely until sometime next year, the Region has a lock on the place to go to legally wager on professional and collegiate sporting events.
- Chicago Tribune, 9.12.19 – State Revenue From Casinos Continues To Drop As Illinois Prepares For Massive Gambling Expansion
- As Illinois embarks on a massive gambling expansion of up to six new casinos and the addition of slot machines and table games at horse tracks, revenue from the state’s 10 existing casinos last year dropped more than 3% , continuing a decadelong slide.
- WDRB, 9.12.19 – Sports Betting Now Available At 2 Southern Indiana Venues
- With sports betting now legal in Indiana, two venues began accepting wagers Thursday, including the Winner’s Circle in Clarksville, Indiana, and Horseshoe Southern Indiana in Harrison County.
- Radio Iowa, 9.12.19 – Casinos Are The Only Place You Can Sign Up For Sports Betting
- Buffalo Wild Wings last week announced a deal with MGM Resorts to bring MGM sports betting into their restaurants in states where sports betting is legal. But Iowa gambling regulators says you won’t be able to go into the restaurants here and sign up for sports gambling accounts.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.13.19 – Sports Betting In Iowa Has Minnesota Looking To Revive Wagering Bills [subscription paywall]
- Diamond Jo Casino, just a 90-minute drive south from the Twin Cities, has become a marquee attraction for Minnesotans looking to wager on their favorite local teams, a trend noticed by several lawmakers who support legalizing sports betting in Minnesota.
- WKYT, 9.12.19 – Beshear Calls For Casinos, Sports Betting To Help Fund Pension System
- Democratic candidate for governor and Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear has announced his plan for expanded gaming in the Commonwealth in an effort to find new revenue sources for the state’s pension system.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- ESPN, 9.4.19 – America’s Growing Love Of Office Pools [J. Ifrah mentioned]
- Over the past 16 months, more than $10 billion has been bet in the growing U.S. sports betting market.
- The Wall Street Journal, 9.12.19 – ‘Billion Dollar Fantasy’ Review: Making A Bet On Sports Fans [DraftKings]
- The battle between FanDuel and DraftKings to dominate the sports betting market is not a complicated story.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.12.19 – Industry Taking Responsible Gaming Seriously, But Must Address Inconsistency [The Stars Group]
- Not all forms of gambling are equally addictive. Every player’s mileage varies, in terms of which games they find easy to walk away from and which games take hold and threaten to override responsible decision-making.