iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 9.13.22 – Amazon signs DraftKings as Thursday Night Football odds provider
- Amazon is getting into the sports betting world via a new deal with DraftKings. After spending $1 billion to acquire the rights to broadcast NFL’s Thursday Night Football, Amazon is adding a sports betting element to the broadcast. DraftKings CMO Stephanie Sherman is quoted in this story.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.13.22 – GeoComply Opening Weekend NFL Data Shows Massive Interest Increase
- GeoComply reported Monday that sports betting app geolocation checks on mobile devices increased 71.5% for this year’s NFL kickoff. GeoComply CEO Anna Sainsbury is quoted in this story.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.13.22 – Disney CEO Comments Stir Interest In ESPN Sports Betting App Plans
- The Walt Disney Company has significant plans for the ESPN brand, which include a sports betting arm in the works. That is according to DIS CEO Bob Chapek, who spoke at the D23 fan expo over the weekend.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.13.22 – Analysis: Good Luck Replacing Twitter As Sports Betting Social Hangout
- Sports betting entrepreneurs have been trying to build platforms with social features to equal Twitter and Facebook ever since online betting was a possibility. That may have been needed in the early 2000s but has not been an issue for 15-plus years, as there is no lack of social media platforms for bettors to share their action.
- Play CA, 9.12.22 – CA Sports Betting Ads Supporting Prop 27 Run During NFL Season Openers
- The National Football League season kicked off this past week. With millions of sports fans huddled around TV’s watching games, the NFL has a reputation for owning some of the most coveted advertising spots in media.
- Play CA, 9.12.22 – CA Sports Betting Campaign Coffers Lined With Another $50 Million
- The campaign coffers for committees battling over two sports betting questions on California’s ballot have vaulted past $400 million. They show little signs of slowing down with Election Day less than two months away.
- SBC Americas, 9.12.22 – LA Times joins list of Prop 26 and 27 opponents
- While those in the gambling industry are positioning the battle for California sports betting as a matter of backing either Proposition 26 or Proposition 27, there are a growing list of entities in California that are advocating voters say no to both.
- Sports Handle, 9.12.22 – Indiana Sportsbooks Clear $25 Million In Revenue For August
- The Indiana Gaming Commission reported Monday that sportsbook operators totaled $25.4 million in adjusted revenue for August, with the house enjoying another strong month versus the betting public.
- Kansas Reflector, 9.12.22 – Opening of Kansas sports betting reveals appeal of online apps — even among Missourians
- Mobile platforms for legal sports gambling in Kansas proved so enticing that more than 16,000 people in Missouri tried to place wagers in the first weekend of live betting.
- Sports Handle, 9.13.22 – Maryland Sportsbooks Extend Roll Against Public In August
- Maryland‘s sportsbooks once again pounded the betting public in August, posting their second-highest win rate in nine months of action, according to figures released Monday by the state’s lottery and gaming agency.
- US Bets, 9.12.22 – Massachusetts First State To Put Responsible Gaming Software On All Slots
- When Massachusetts gaming regulators and Encore-Boston Harbor on Monday rolled out the “Play My Way” responsible gaming software on the casino’s more than 2,700 slot machines, it completed a six-year process that makes the state the first in the nation to offer an optional responsible gaming program on every slot or electronic game machine in the state. The program allows consumers to budget how much they will wager and gives updates at 25% intervals throughout the day, week, or month.
- Michigan Sharp, 9.12.22 – How do Michigan Online Casinos Pay Out?
- Golden Nugget, Caesars, and BetMGM are just a few of the many online casinos in Michigan. So, in that regard, there are plenty of options to choose from. But how do Michigan online casinos pay out? If a player lands a big jackpot playing slots or table games, how will they receive the prize money?
- iGB, 9.13.22 – Oregon reveals year-on-year sports betting growth in August
- Sports betting handle and revenue in Oregon both increased year-on-year during August, though the US state noted a slight drop in player spending month-on-month.