iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.15.20 – GeoComply Launches First Multi-State, Multi-Operator Self-Exclusion Network
- GeoComply has launched a new system to allow US gamblers to self-exclude in multiple states and with multiple operators.
- SBC Americas, 9.15.20 – GeoComply Reveals PlayPause Tool to Promote Safer Gaming
- Geolocation solutions provider GeoComply, working in conjunction with Responsible Gaming Education Week, has confirmed the launch of PlayPause, a tool designed to modernize and strengthen the effectiveness of the igaming and online sports betting industry’s responsible gaming programs.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.15.20 – FanDuel, DraftKings Funding Campaign For Maryland Sports Betting
- A new ad campaign that stresses the educational funding possible by sports betting in Maryland is at least partially funded by FanDuel and DraftKings.
- Baltimore Sun, 9.15.20 – DraftKings, FanDuel Have Spent $750,000 On Campaign To Legalize Maryland Sports Betting On November Ballot
- An organization funded with $500,000 from FanDuel and $250,000 from DraftKings — the fantasy sports and betting sites — says it is launching a media campaign Tuesday urging voters to support a November ballot question legalizing sports betting in Maryland.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.16.20 – NFL Betting Deals Galore: DraftKings + Giants, Fox Bet + Eagles
- DraftKings Sportsbook and FOX Bet landed two big NFL sponsorships this week that should have a big impact on exposure for both brands.
- Axios, 9.15.20 – Media Doubles Down On Sports Betting (DraftKings)
- Sports media companies are leaning further into sports betting as more states legalize the practice and the NFL and college football seasons kick into gear.
- CNBC, 9.16.20 – DraftKings, New York Giants Agree To Exclusive Sports Betting Deal
- DraftKings has secured another sports partnership, agreeing to an exclusive deal with the New York Giants, the online betting company announced Wednesday.
- SBC Americas, 9.16.20 – DraftKings Designated Official Sports Betting Partner Of New York Giants
- A new multi-year agreement has been announced today between DraftKings and the NFL’s New York Giants. Under the terms of the deal the DFS and sports betting provider has been designated the Official Sports Betting, iGaming and Daily Fantasy operator of the team.
- iGB North America, 9.16.20 – DraftKings Seals Wide Ranging NY Giants Partnership
- DraftKings has agreed an exclusive, multi-year partnership with the New York Giants that sees the sports betting giant become the National Football League (NFL) franchise’s official wagering, igaming and daily fantasy partner.
- Online Poker Report, 9.15.20 – IGI Report Illustrates Need For Collaboration In iGaming Regulation
- On August 1, the International Gaming Institute (IGI) at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) published a report on US gambling expansion.
- PlayUSA, 9.15.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Fewer People Expected To Bet On NFL, New York Casinos Approved For Relaunch
- The NFL season has returned. Yet while millions across the country will watch the games, and millions more will place a wager here and there, recent research shows that betting interest will actually decrease this season.
- PlayNJ, 9.15.20 – NJ Law Makes It Illegal For College Athletes To Partner With Gambling Companies
- It hasn’t taken effect yet, but if/when it does, a New Jersey college athletes law would make it a violation for such athletes in the Garden State to partner with gambling companies.
- Cherry Hill Courier-Post, 9.16.20 – Developer Drops Plans, At Least For Now, For Sports Betting Parlor At Former Track
- A developer has dropped plans for a sports-betting parlor at the site of a former Cherry Hill racetrack, according to a decision in a court fight over the proposal.
- The Press Of Atlantic City, 9.16.20 – State Lawmakers Will Hear Atlantic City Casino Relief Bills Thursday
- The state Assembly Appropriations Committee will consider two pieces of legislation Thursday designed to provide relief to Atlantic City’s casino industry.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.15.20 – Pull Up A Stool: Barstool Makes It Ten Sportsbooks On Tap In PA
- The much-anticipated Barstool Sportsbook is now live in Pennsylvania. It comes with an army of fans, a bombastic “El Presidente” David Portnoy and high hopes from Penn National.
- Penn Bets, 9.15.20 – The Betting Public Has An Unusual Wait To Begin Using New Barstool Sportsbook App
- Penn National Gaming unveiled its long-awaited sportsbook app during a three-day test period in Pennsylvania that began Tuesday afternoon, but don’t expect to log on and start wagering just yet.
- SBC Americas, 9.16.20 – GTG Network To Drive Sports Data For Barstool Sportsbook Mobile App
- Sports gamification and content provider GTG Network has confirmed the launch of a partnership with Penn National Gaming for its iSport Genius (iSG) data insights and sports content which will form part of the new Barstool Sportsbook mobile app.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.15.20 – Philadelphia Eagles Team with Fox Bet to Enhance Fan Experience at Lincoln Financial Field
- The Eagles teamed with Fox Bet, one of Pennsylvania’s online sportsbooks, for a multiyear partnership. Fox Bet’s “nest” at Lincoln Financial Field will be in the form of a 4,000-square-foot lounge and production studio.
- SBC Americas, 9.16.20 – Online Wagering Could Turn New York Into $1.3bn Sports Betting Market
- Online sports betting legalization could yield as much as $900m in annual revenue and $108m in tax revenue for the state of New York according to projections made by sports news betting portal NY Sports Day.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.15.20 – Leagues Win Data Access Request In Virginia Sports Betting Regulations
- There were not many massive changes in the Virginia sports betting permanent regulations from the drafted suggestions. One, however, gives sports leagues access to a lot of data whenever they request it.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.16.20 – Virginia Regulator Scraps Advertising Pre-Approval Retains Olympic Betting Ban (subscription paywall)
- Final regulations adopted by the Virginia Lottery on Tuesday removed a provision that would have required operators to submit all marketing materials for pre-approval, but retained a unique ban on Olympic betting.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 9.15.20 – Virginia Lottery Approves Sports Betting Regulations; Permit, License Applications To Begin In October
- On Tuesday, the guidebook that will direct sports betting operations in Virginia received the green light.
- PlayVirginia, 9.15.20 – VA Lottery: Expect Virginia Sportsbooks To Launch In January
- The first Virginia sportsbooks will likely launch and begin accepting bets in time for Super Bowl LV.
- PlayMichigan, 9.15.20 – Detroit Casinos Hope To Reopen Poker, But There Is Potential Pushback
- While Detroit casinos may be looking to loosen restrictions as soon as possible, it’s the tribes who have been clamping down.
- Sports Handle, 9.15.20 – Illinois Gaming Board Releases First Sports Betting Revenue Reports
- The Illinois Gaming Board released its first set of sports betting revenue reports Tuesday since going live in March, and the biggest takeaway was the impact of Executive Order 2020-41 in which Gov. JB Pritzker suspended the legally mandated in-person registration provision required for mobile sports wagering in June.
- The Chicago Tribune, 9.15.20 – Illinois Sports Bets Top $52 Million In July; Online Wagering Gains Traction As NFL Season Kicks Off
- Despite a dearth of major sports and only two places to place bets, legal sports books generated more than $52.5 million in wagers during July, the first full month of activity in Illinois.
- PlayIllinois, 9.16.20 – William Hill App Debuts In Illinois In Time For Cubs-Indians Betting
- The apps available to sports bettors in Illinois just keep growing. This week, William Hill launched its online betting app in the state. The product is licensed in tandem with Grand Victoria Casino Elgin.
- US Bets, 9.15.20 – William Hill Latest To Enter Illinois Mobile Sports Betting Market
- The field of mobile sports betting operators in Illinois continues to expand as William Hill became the fifth entry with its launch Tuesday evening.
- iGB North America, 9.16.20 – Rush Street On Top In Early Months Of Illinois Betting
- Rush Street’s Rivers Des Plaines has taken an early lead in the Illinois sports betting market, with figures from the state’s Gaming Board revealing that it accounted for the vast majority of amounts wagered between March and July.
- iGB North America, 9.16.20 – Mississippi Sports Betting Revenue Climbs Again In August
- The Mississippi Gaming Commission has reported a 27.6% year-on-year rise in sports wagering revenue in August, as the US state’s handle more than doubled.
- The Oklahoman, 9.16.20 – Oklahoma Supreme Court Rejects Governor’s Request For Rehearing In Tribal Gaming Case
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court has denied Gov. Kevin Stitt’s request for a rehearing in a case where the court ruled the governor’s gaming compacts with the Comanche Nation and Otoe-Missouria Tribe were invalid.