iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 9.17.20 – Super Bowl Come Early? After NFL Week 1, DraftKings Sportsbook Thinks So
- If there was any question about pent-up sports betting demand or how sports bettors would feel about football during the pandemic era, those questions were answered with cold, hard cash over the the opening weekend of the 2020 NFL season.
- SBC Americas, 9.18.20 – NetEnt Makes West Virginia Debut With GVC And MGM
- NetEnt has expanded its reach across the US market by inking a new partnership with igaming and sports betting operator BetMGM after receiving a temporary license from the regulating authorities in West Virginia.
- iGB North America, 9.18.20 – NetEnt To Enter West Virginia With BetMGM
- NetEnt is to roll out its content in West Virginia for the first time, in partnership BetMGM, the betting and igaming brand launched through a joint venture between GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts.
- iGB North America, 9.18.20 – BetMGM Links Up With NFL’s Las Vegas Raiders
- BetMGM, the gambling brand operated via the GVC Holdings-MGM Resorts joint venture Roar Digital, has entered into a new partnership with the Las Vegas Raiders National Football League (NFL) franchise.
- PlayNJ, 9.17.20 – NJ Gaming News: DraftKings, Fox Bet Land NFL Partners; August Sets New Online Records
- From all indications, the latest New Jersey gambling news is very good for several gaming companies in the Garden State this week. In terms of taking in money and the potential to take in more in the future, there’s much to be excited about.
- Phys.Org, 9.17.20 – Taxing Online Sports Betting, Fantasy Sports May Help States Cover Pandemic Losses
- Taxing online fantasy sports and sports betting may help states recoup some of the sales tax revenue lost during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a finance expert at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy.
- Sports Handle, 9.18.20 – ESPN Completes Cycle As All Major Broadcast Networks Now Embrace Betting: The Deal Rundown And Impact
- The Worldwide Leader in Sports slid across the plate this week, the fourth of the big four broadcast networks to completely, unabashedly embrace legal sports betting.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.17.20 – Five Reasons Artificial Intelligence Won’t Solve All Of The Gambling Industry’s Problems
- When a new technology appears or an existing one makes a big leap forward, it triggers a rush to find applications for it. So it is for artificial intelligence (AI), these days.
- iGB North America, 9.18.20 – GTG Announces Partnerships With Caesars And PNG
- Melbourne-based supplier GTG Network has announced new partnerships with Caesars Entertainment and Penn National Gaming.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 9.18.20 – NASCAR And AGA Encourage Bettors To ‘Know When To Pit’
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has teamed up with NASCAR to educate fans on responsible sports betting through the AGA’s ‘Have a Game Plan. Bet Responsibly’ public service campaign.
- iGB North America, 9.17.20 – AGA & Nascar Form Responsible Gambling Partnership
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) announced today (September 17) it has signed a new partnership with the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (Nascar), to help educate racing fans on responsible gambling through the AGA’s ‘Have a Game Plan, Bet Responsibly’ campaign.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.18.20 – New Jersey Advances Sports-Betting Tax Relief Bill (subscription paywall)
- The New Jersey Assembly Appropriations Committee on Thursday unanimously passed a bill allowing operators to deduct promotional bets from sports-wagering taxes, while holding another bill that would provide tax relief to Atlantic City’s nine casinos.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.18.20 – Future Of Fixed Odds On Horse Race Betting In Jersey Becomes Murky
- New Jersey’s pioneering effort to offer exchange wagering on horse racing in the U.S. comes to an end on Oct. 1 when Betfair exits the stage – or does it?
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.17.20 – PA Gaming Review: Sports Betting Flourishes As Most Pennsylvania Teams Flounder
- PA sports betting is flourishing since the sports calendar roared back in full force.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.17.20 – Smokescreens And Slot Machines: Berks DA Calls for PA Legislative Action on Unregulated Gambling Devices
- Enforcement of Pennsylvania law when it comes to gambling devices outside casinos ranges from sporadic and scattershot to non-existent.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.17.20 – How A Retail-Only Sportsbook Is The DC Sports Betting Leader
- As expected, the Washington DC sports betting leader is not – and most likely will never be – GambetDC. For now, it’s William Hill.
- PlayVirginia, 9.17.20 – Retail Sportsbook William Hill Surpasses GambetDC Online IN Washington, DC
- It didn’t take William Hill long to supplant GambetDC as the most popular Washington, DC, sportsbook.
- PlayWV, 9.18.20 – West Virginia Online Sportsbooks Drive Strong Betting Handle Of Over $40 Million In August
- Sports betting figures are once again looking good in the Mountain State. West Virginia sportsbooks accepted over $40 million in bets in the month of August.
- PlayMichigan, 9.17.20 – Two Michigan Sportsbooks Opening In Traverse City Area On Friday
- The amount of Michigan sportsbooks will reach double digits after two more open in northern Michigan on Friday, PlayMichigan has learned.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.17.20 – Will Illinois Sports Betting Get Another Remote Signup Extension From Pritzker?
- It sounds like an extension could be in the works to continue remote Illinois sports betting registration beyond Saturday.
- Sports Handle, 9.17.20 – Illinois Gaming Board Pleased With Early Sports Betting Data
- One day after releasing its first sports betting revenue reports, the Illinois Gaming Board struck a note of optimism on the early returns and potential growth for the new industry in the Prairie State during its Thursday meeting.
- PlayIllinois, 9.17.20 – Hawthorne, PointsBet To Launch 3 Sports Betting Sites At OTBs In Suburban Chicago
- PointsBet launched its Illinois sports betting app last week, and its retail operations are coming soon.
- SBC Americas, 9.18.20 – Illinois’ Sportsbooks Prosper From Remote Registrations
- Illinois was able to open the door to a ‘remarkable July’ as sportsbooks took advantage of the executive order which temporarily permitted remote registration for sports bettors.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.18.20 – Ohio Readies New Sports-Betting Bill, But Obstacles Remain (subscription paywall)
- A revised draft bill to legalize sports betting in Ohio represents a compromise between Senate and House sponsors, but sources caution that hurdles still remain for the bill to cross the finish line.
- PlayIndiana, 9.17.20 – TheScore Bet Sportsbook Launches In Indiana Just In Time For NFL Action
- Indiana’s ninth online sportsbook is here. After a few months of prep work, theScore Bet launched in Indiana on Sept. 17.
- iGB North America, 9.17.20 – TheScore Bet Goes Live In Indiana
- Score Media and Gaming has launched its sportsbook in Indiana, the third state in which customers can wager via theScore Bet.
- WSBT, 9.17.20 – Despite Months Without Sports, Indiana Sports Betting Reaches $1 Billion Mark
- Despite not having games for a chunk of this year, sports betting has done well in Indiana.
- Gaming Intelligence, 9.18.20 – Mississippi Sports Betting Wagers Surpass $40M In August (subscription paywall)
- Mississippi’s regulated sports betting market returned to growth in August as total wagers more than doubled year-on-year to $40.5m.
- PlayColorado, 9.17.20 – Com CEO: CO Sportsbook Launch Is ‘Christmas In September’
- As of Wednesday, SportsBetting.com is now available in the Centennial State. SportsBetting.com is currently web-only; however, the book plans to have an app for iOS and Android users by the end of next week.