- Online Poker Report, 9.18.19 – US Online Betting Options Up To Six States As Football Season Ramps Up
- With the NFL season now in its third week, American sports betting is up.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.19.19 – TheScore Following Its Own Playbook For Sports Betting, Says CEO [subscription paywall]
- In an increasingly competitive sports-betting market, Toronto-based media company theScore became a unique player when it launched its online sportsbook in New Jersey earlier this month.
- Online Poker Report, 9.18.19 – Pennsylvania Online Casinos Warming Up With $3.4 Million In August Revenue
- Online gambling revenue surged in August for the first three operators to market in Pennsylvania.
- Play WV, 9.18.19 – West Virginia Sportsbooks Fueled By Online Sports Betting & WVU Football
- Sports betting in West Virginia is officially back and its better than before.
- WOSU, 9.18.19 – Ohio Universities Tell Lawmakers To Keep Gambling Away From College Sports
- Ohio lawmakers have introduced bills to legalize sports betting. But Ohio’s universities don’t want to be dealt in on those bills or any others that involve expanded gambling.
- Sports Handle, 9.18.19 – Tennessee Takes Another Small Step Toward Sports Betting Launch
- The Tennessee Education Lottery last week took another small step toward implementing legal sports betting when it issued a Request for Proposal for a company to vet potential sports betting operators.
- EGR Global, 9.18.19 – Michigan To Consider Third Sports Betting Bill
- The Michigan House of Representatives Regulatory Reform Committee has greenlit its third bill to legalize betting in the state. The bill permits mobile and retail betting, allowing casinos to operate one mobile skin and also allows for in-play betting in the state.
- Play IA, 9.18.19 – New Iowa Sportsbooks Keep Popping Up All Over The State
- When Iowa sports betting went live on Aug. 15, the hope was that residents and visitors would have many options. Those hopes are being realized as September progresses.
- Play USA, 9.18.19 – New Jersey Keeps Benefiting From New York’s Inactivity On Sports Betting
- Apparently, New York lawmakers need a study to tell them what the rest of the world already knows. And, they’re having trouble even getting that off the ground, never mind launching online and mobile sports betting.
- The Brown Daily Herald, 9.19.19 – Rhode Island Mobile Sports Betting App Launches, Faces Legal Questions
- Rhode Island residents and visitors can now place bets on sporting events from the comfort of their own homes, thanks to a new mobile application launched Sept. 4 by the Rhode Island Lottery.
Sports League News:
- Bloomberg, 9.18.19 – Adam Silver On Sports Betting
- “I’m saying, ‘Alright, call it a royalty.'” NBA Commissioner Adam Silver comments on the prospect of sports betting for the NBA.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Betting US, 9.18.19 – 888 Becomes The Official Sponsor Of The NY Jets
- On Monday, 888casino NJ announced it had become the official sponsor of the NFL’s New York Jets.