iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit:
GeoComply is partnering with iDEA Growth to present a series of three webinars covering important topics for the iGaming and online sports betting industry. The iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit sessions run at noon Eastern Time on September 9th,10th and 11th, bringing together experts from across the industry to provide their insight and expertise on three important topics. Register Here Today!
iDEA Growth Member News:
- ESPN, 9.2.20 – Michael Jordan Takes Equity Stake In DraftKings, Becomes Adviser
- NBA legend Michael Jordan is taking an equity stake in DraftKings in exchange for becoming a special adviser to the sports betting and fantasy sports company.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.2.20 – DraftKings Stock Surges As Michael Jordan Joins Board As ‘Special Advisor’
- DraftKings stock jumped 12% this morning after the company added Michael Jordan to its board of directors.
- SBC Americas, 9.2.20 – DraftKings Net Top Talent With Strategic Appointment Of Michael Jordan
- DraftKings has appointed Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player and principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets, as a special advisor to the company’s board of directors with immediate effect.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.2.20 – US Regulated Gaming Industry Under Threat From ‘Gray Market’ Slots, Executive Warns (subscription paywall)
- As casinos reopen nationwide under strict guidelines to prevent new outbreaks of coronavirus, the AGA’s Bill Miller is asking state lawmaker to assist in the gaming industry’s recovery by targeting illegal gambling operations whether its offshore sportsbooks or gray market slot machines.
- SBC Americas, 9.2.20 – Flutter Reveals Ambitions For US And Latin American Expansion
- Flutter Entertainment is considering expanding its operations in Latin America and the United States to strengthen its businesses in the second half of 2020.
- iGB North America, 9.2.20 – Wynn Extends SG Digital Partnership Into Indiana And Colorado
- Casino giant Wynn Resorts will look to build on July’s launch of a Scientific Games-powered sports betting and igaming offering in New Jersey by extending the partnership into Colorado and Indiana.
- iGB, 9.2.20 – Setting The Scene For Success In The US
- Luke Campbell of Champion Sports says getting to grips with the unique characteristics of the US player base is one of the vital steps in cracking the market.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 9.1.20 – Raising Money In The Age Of Coronavirus: Two Sports Betting Startups Make The Leap
- The deep investor freeze caused by the coronavirus pandemic is slowly starting to melt.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 9.1.20 – Uncertainty Around College Football Taking Toll On Sportsbooks
- The uncertainty surrounding a college football season with at least 75% fewer games has already taken a toll on the betting action at sportsbooks.
- Sports Handle, 9.1.20 – FanDuel Expanding Into The Desert? Sports Betting Deal With Phoenix Suns In The Works
- Multiple industry sources confirm that FanDuel is close to a deal with the Phoenix Suns to become the organization’s sportsbook partner.
- iGB North America, 9.2.20 – PrizePicks Signs Marketing Deal With MLB’s Atlanta Braves
- Atlanta, Georgia-based fantasy sports operator, PrizePicks has sealed a new partnership with local Major League Baseball (MLB) team, Atlanta Braves, for the remainder of the 2020 season.
- SBC Americas, 9.2.20 – Kentucky Derby Online Betting Launches New Guide For The Big Race
- Ahead of the 146th Kentucky Derby this weekend, Kentucky Derby Online Betting, a digital source for bets and picks, has launched a new informational guide on how to bet on the race.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.1.20 – Why It’s Worth It For TheScore To Launch Online Casino Product In New Jersey
- The name is as generic as it comes — theScore.com — but a Canadian company has gained a wide American audience with an intuitive product that offers a personalized platform of live scores, news, and statistics.
- iGB North America, 9.2.20 – DC Sports Betting Revenue Reaches $142,279 In July
- The DC Lottery has revealed that sports wagering revenue in Washington D.C in July amounted to $142,279, after handle for the month rose to $741,450.
- Online Poker Report, 9.2.20 – Michigan Online Casino And Sports Betting Will Get One Step Closer With Sept. 23 Hearing
- In a few weeks, Michigan will take the next major step towards its online gambling launch.
- Online Poker Report, 9.2.20 – Will Illinois Ever Take Another Stab At Legalizing Online Casino
- The question is what states are likely to attempt an online casino bill in 2021, circumstances permitting. One prime candidate is Illinois, which had a near miss just three years ago.
- PlayIllinois, 9.1.20 – Chicago Takes Key Step In Downtown Casino Project, But Don’t Hold Your Breath
- The city of Chicago issued a request for information (RFI) on Aug. 27 to seek creative ideas for its coveted downtown casino project.
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 9.1.20 – My View: Now Is The Time For Ohio To Legalize Online Sports Gambling (subscription paywall)
- Ohio’s neighbors to the north and west have enacted legalized sports betting and are earning millions of dollars in new revenue for their states while the Ohio legislature continues to debate the issue without moving forward with a plan.