iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 9.21.22 – FanDuel dedicates to ‘Play Well’ with additional responsible gaming initiatives
- FanDuel is holding its first company-wide Play Well Day to announce several responsible gaming initiatives as part of the American Gaming Association’s Responsible Gaming Education Month. Adam Warrington, Vice President of Responsible Gaming at FanDuel Group, is quoted in this story.
- SBC Americas, 9.21.22 – White Hat Gaming makes two key appointments to boost growth
- White Hat Gaming has confirmed the appointment of Ed Bullock as Chief Operating Officer and Chris Hipkiss to Chief Delivery Officer as it seeks to solidify and strengthen its senior management. Phil Gelvan, CEO at White Hat Gaming, is quoted in this story.
- Sports Handle, 9.21.22 – PointsBet Aims To Process Bets In Under A Second As Shift To In-Game Accelerates
- Ask any hardened in-game bettor to compile a list of grievances on vexations they must deal with while placing an in-play sports wager, and there is a strong likelihood that the dreaded “spinny wheel” will land near the top of the list. PointsBet U.S. CEO Johnny Aitken and PointsBet Group COO Mark Hughes are mentioned in this story.
- SBC Americas, 9.21.22 – Sportradar enlisted to provide in-app live streaming to Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Sportradar has been selected by Hard Rock Digital to power its new Hard Rock Sportsbook’s in-app live streaming capabilities. Michael Gandolfo, Group Head, Regional Sales at Sportradar, is quoted in this story.
- SBC Americas, 9.21.22 – SportsGrid to provide video and editorial content to Sportradar
- SportsGrid Technology Solutions has announced a content partnership with Sportradar to enrich the latter’s sports betting news and analysis offering. Mike Smith, Head of ad:s, US Sportradar, is quoted in this story.
- Sports Handle, 9.21.22 – Online Sportsbooks Are Playing Catch-Up When It Comes To ADA Compliance
- Josh Basile had just completed his freshman year as a varsity tennis player at Skidmore College when he wandered into shallow water on Delaware’s Bethany Beach, boogie board in hand.
Sports League News
- US Bets, 9,21,22 – Baseball’s Rules Changes Could Be A Bonanza For Bettors In 2023
- While it may seem odd to look ahead to betting the 2023 Major League Baseball season when A) we haven’t even reached the 2022 MLB playoffs and B) it’s freaking football season, know this: Plenty of sportsbooks and sharps are already thinking about the first few weeks of the 2023 season. Sam Garriock, trading manager at PointsBet, is quoted in this story.
- Gaming Today, 9.19.22 – Boundaries, Concerns Remain for MLB Despite Gambling Allegiances
- A white MGM Rewards placard is plastered onto the left-centerfield wall at Fenway Park. A DraftKings crowned ‘D’ is perched just above the Green Monster terrace. The Boston Red Sox have had no qualms about leasing prime real estate to gambling outfits, and with sports betting now a legal reality in Massachusetts, they seemingly missed a chance to start the bidding for the most choice of parcels: their uniforms.
- Play CA, 9.21.22 – Opinion: L.A. Times Opposition To California Sports Betting Props Denies Reality
- There are legitimate reasons to object to both of California’s 2022 gambling ballot questions. Proposition 26 gives tribal casinos and a few racetracks a monopoly on taking sports bets in person, and Proposition 27 sets the bar for entry into the online gambling space so insanely high that it amounts to a wholesale purchase of an emerging industry by some of the world’s wealthiest outfits.
- Play CA, 9.20.22 – How Do CA Sports Betting Ballot Initiatives Fight Problem Gambling?
- The two sports betting ballot initiatives Californians can vote on this November take very different approaches to problem gambling. Proposition 27, the California sports betting proposal that would legalize online wagering, lays out strict guidelines for regulators and operators. However, it doesn’t allocate any tax revenue to help stop the problem.
- Play CA, 9.20.22 – California Gambling Dropping In At Atlantic City Gambling Conference
- While not nearly as flashy or extravagant as Las Vegas’ Global Gaming Expo (G2E), Atlantic City’s yearly gambling conference is still a marquee event featuring a who’s who of industry leaders.
- iGB, 9.21.22 – Colorado sports betting handle reaches $4.82bn in FY2021-22
- Consumers in Colorado wagered a total of $4.82bn on sports during the US state’s 2021-22 financial year. During the 12-month period, players in the state spent $4.78bn betting on sports over the internet, as well as $59.7m at retail sportsbook facilities across Colorado.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.21.22 – Opinion: Feds Get A Little Help From Their Friends In Florida Sports Betting Case
- Days after the federal government and the Seminole Tribe of Florida filed their briefs, respectively, in the litigation over the 2021 Compact between the Tribe and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a significant group of tribal organizations, including the National Indian Gaming Association and individual tribes filed an amicus curiae brief with the D.C. Court of Appeals voicing support for the federal government’s efforts to reverse the decision of the District Court, which ended the brief appearance of regulated sports betting in the Sunshine State.
- Play Illinois, 9.20.22 – The Pros And Cons Of Illinois Retail Casinos Vs. Online
- If you crack open a history book, you’ll see that people gathering in a centralized location to gamble dates as far back as the stone age. But with the advent of the Internet, some people consider retail casinos to be obsolete as you can now play online casino games from the comfort of your home.
- iGB, 9.21.22 – New Hampshire reports slight sports betting handle improvement in August
- Player spending in New Hampshire improved marginally month-on-month in August, while the state experienced year-on-year growth across revenue and handle.
- Legal Sports Reports, 9.20.22 – Analysis: Latest NJ Sports Betting Report Shows Signs Of NY Effect
- The impact of mobile sports betting in New York might be showing in monthly NJ sports betting reports. New Jersey sportsbooks reported $546.8 million in handle for August, down 17.7% from last year. Revenue hit $65.3 million, for $8.3 million paid in taxes, according to the monthly report released Friday.
- Michigan Sharp, 9.20.22 – Michigan Online Casino Revenue Surpassed $1B In August
- Michigan online casino revenue for 2022 passed the $1 billion mark in August, as MichiganSharp predicted. Last year, that gross gaming revenue (GGR) didn’t reach $1 billion until December.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.20.22 – Signs of Life For Missouri Sports Betting Emerge But How Soon?
- With Kansas sports betting up and running, Missouri wants to catch up but is missing some key support. Missouri Rep. Dan Houx is making a push to have a sports betting bill, HB 4, included during a special legislative session this month. Gov. Mike Parson called the session to discuss tax cut proposals and a spokesperson released a statement that suggested MO sports betting will not be included.