Industry News of the Day for September 24, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.23.19 – Does Pennsylvania Have An Ace Up Its Sleeve For US Online Poker?
- There’s a palpable buzz in the air in Pennsylvania, with chatter building around the impending launch of online poker. Although there’s no official countdown yet, rumor has it that PokerStars could go live any day now.
- Penn Bets, 9.23.19 – Key PA Lawmaker: Don’t Look For Changes In Gaming Taxes This Fall
- The Pennsylvania Legislature has begun meeting in Harrisburg again for its fall session, two years after approving a gaming expansion that astonished some in the casino industry with tax rates among the highest in the nation.
- Play USA, 9.23.19 – 3 Big Surprises In Pennsylvania’s August Gambling Revenue Report
- There were a number of surprising figures found in the state of Pennsylvania‘s August gambling revenue report.
- Play Pennsylvania, 9.23.19 – Coming Soon To Pennsylvania Televisions: A New Sports Betting Show
- A new show on Fox 29 is going to give you the world of sports betting in 15 minutes. Props and Locks will debut on Thursday at 7:15 p.m.
- The Denver Post, 9.23.19 – Coloradans Don’t Want Another Vegas, But Sports Betting Has A Chance
- Proposition DD would let Colorado casinos take bets on baseball and football games and more starting in May 2020. It also would legalize limited online gambling through sports betting applications players download to their smartphones.
- Star Tribune, 9.24.19 – Minnesota Legislators Head To Iowa See If Sports Betting Is Right For the State
- Legislators travel to Iowa casino to gather facts (and check action).
- MNSRC, 9.23.19 – Chamberlain: Time To Legalize Sports Betting In MN
- You should be able to place that bet right here in Minnesota. State Senator Roger Chamberlain has a bill that would make it legal.
- New Hampshire Public Radio, 9.23.19 – 13 Companies Are Vying For NH Sports Betting Contract
- The Lottery Commission is sifting through more than a dozen bids from vendors looking to manage sports gambling in New Hampshire.
- Union Leader, 9.23.19 – NH Lottery Reviewing 13 Applicants For Sports Betting Program
- The New Hampshire Lottery is reviewing proposals from 13 applicants hoping to run sports betting facilities in the Granite State.
- KOTA TV, 9.23.19 – Sports Betting Looks To Expand In South Dakota
- Deadwood casinos are hoping to put the decision on sports betting there in the hands of South Dakota voters. They came up short in the legislature earlier this year … but they aren’t giving up.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.23.19 – European Blueprint Provides Official League Data Guidance For US Sports Betting
- For anyone hoping to understand how the three-way relationship among the major sports leagues, the sports betting data suppliers and their operator partners will develop, Europe provides an interesting compare and contrast.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.24.19 – Bettman The Bet Man: NHL Commissioner To Headline G2E Sports Betting Panel
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman helped to pass the 1992 law that stifled legal sports betting in the United States. Years later, Bettman dons the last new accessories in his makeover from opponent to evangelist as a panelist at the gaming industry’s biggest conference next month.