iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play Pennsylvania, 9.24.19 – Mohegan Sun’s Unibet-Branded Retail Sportsbook Opens With A Limited Menu
- The new Unibet retail sportsbook at Mohegan Sun Pocono had soft-launched Tuesday.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 9.24.19 – Each State Different On Combating Problem Sports Gambling Under New Laws
- Sports wagering is spreading across the country. The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 fell in May 2018, and as of September 2019 many additional states have joined the fray. Currently, 13 states have active, and legal, sports betting markets.
- Play NJ, 9.24.19 – NCAA, Pro Sports Leagues Dealt Huge Loss In NJ Sports Betting Case, Likely Owe Millions
- A group of appellate judges has reversed a district court decision from New Jersey that absolved the US pro and amateur sports leagues of blame in stonewalling legal sports betting in the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.25.19 – Leagues Lose Another Sports-Betting Case To New Jersey [subscription paywall]
- In a 2-1 decision on Tuesday, a federal appeals court in Philadelphia ruled the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horseman’s Association (NJTHA) is entitled to collect the money paid by the nation’s major athletic leagues for a court order to block sports betting before last year’s historic U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
- Sports Handle, 9.24.19 – For New Hampshire, 13 Could Be A Lucky Number
- Thirteen potential sports betting operators sent in bids to the New Hampshire Lottery, which will now take about two months to weigh bids and select partners. The Request for Proposal deadline was Friday.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.24.19 – New Hampshire Receives Baker’s Dozen Of Sports-Betting Proposals [subscription paywall]
- The New Hampshire Lottery received 13 proposals regarding a request for proposals to offer sports betting in the state, the lottery said Monday.
- AP, 9.25.19 – DC Man Requests Injunction On Sports Betting Contract
- A Washington, D.C., technology developer who filed a lawsuit against the District’s $215 million no-bid sports gambling contract has now requested a temporary restraining order to stop the district from upholding it.
- WTOP, 9.24.19 – DC Faces Another Legal Challenge To Sports Betting
- A D.C. resident and technology developer is asking a judge for a temporary restraining order to stop the District’s $215 million no-bid contract with Intralot — the company hired to establish sports gambling in D.C.
- Sports Handle, 9.25.19 – 5 Things Las Vegas Can Do To Modernize Sports Betting Experience
- The Silver State is, without question, the grandaddy of sports betting with more than half a century of experience and more sportsbooks per capita than anywhere else in the U.S. But as more and more operators join the U.S. sports betting market, one has to wonder, can an old dog learn new tricks?
- com, 9.24.19 – Best Argument For Legal Sports Betting – Responsible Gaming
- A year after the Supreme Court ruled that states could authorize sports betting, 12 states have already begun offering a legal market for consumers and the momentum is growing. Ohio now has the opportunity to join the rest of the Midwest.