iDEA Growth Member News:
- Forbes, 9.25.20 – Return Of Sports Causes Wagering Revenues To Skyrocket In August (Ifrah Law)
- When sports went quiet in the United States in mid-March, the momentum of legalized sports wagering in the United States—which had been moving at a rapid pace since the Supreme Court’s 2018 decision that enabled states to legalize sports wagering within their borders—was threatened to be stalled.
- SBC Americas, 9.25.20 – GeoComply Takes Offering To Tennessee With Supplier Registration
- Following a meeting with the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation earlier this week, geolocation solutions provider Geocomply has received its Supplier Registration.
- Digiday, 9.24.20 – ‘Walk Before You Run’: Sports Publishers Look To Blow Out Their Betting Content (DraftKings)
- Sports media is betting big on sports gambling this season.
- PlayColorado, 9.24.20 – DraftKings continues Colorado Ascension, Strikes Sports Betting Deal With Rockies
- Since the other major professional sports franchises had sports betting deals, it was only a matter of time for the Colorado Rockies.
- Sports Handle, 9.24.20 – Look At Sports Betting Lottery States: Do Monopolies Leave Money On Table?
- One of the biggest decisions a state must make when legalizing sports betting is determining which agency is best suited to regulate and oversee the new industry.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 9.24.20 – BetMGM Taps Jamie Foxx To Headline ‘The King of Sportsbooks’ Campaign
- BetMGM jumped for a big splash in promoting its sports betting and online gaming platform, turning to Oscar and GRAMMY Award-winning actor Jamie Foxx to be the face of its new advertising campaign.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.25.20 – Diversification Driving M&A, Say Experts
- Mergers and acquisitions in the global gambling industry will be driven by geographic and product diversification, as newly registered markets open and mega deals dry up, according to a panel of experts.
- PlayNJ, 9.24.20 – Tax Relief Could Be On The Way For Struggling Atlantic City Casinos
- A bill that would grant significant Atlantic City casino tax relief is headed to Gov. Phil Murphy after the New Jersey General Assembly overwhelmingly approved it Thursday morning.
- PlayNJ, 9.24.20 – NJ Gaming News: Atlantic City Poker Rooms Update; MLB Playoffs Loom
- Here are the latest headlines making New Jersey gambling news this week.
- Penn Bets, 9.24.20 – Barstool Sportsbook App Seems Off To Strong Start – Will It Hold Up?
- Early betting figures from Penn National Gaming’s new Barstool Sportsbook app show its potential for claiming sizable online market share in a state dominated by FanDuel and DraftKings.
- Penn Bets, 9.24.20 – Rivers Casino Enters Marketing Partnership With Pittsburgh Penguins
- Partnerships between legal sportsbooks and professional sports franchises have been proliferating across the landscape, and Pittsburgh has its first.
- PlayTenn, 9.24.20 – Will The ‘Presidente’ Of Tennessee Sportsbook Apps Be Barstool?
- Penn National and Barstool Sports saw unprecedented success in Pennsylvania this past weekend with the launch of the new Barstool Sportsbook app and website.
- Gambling.Com, 9.24.20 – Q&A With Michigan State Rep. & Gambling Supporter Brandt Iden
- Michigan State Rep. Brandt Iden has been a key figure in advancing and promoting gambling legislation in his state.
- Detroit News, 9.24.20 – Michigan Prepares For Online Sports Betting By ‘Late Fall’
- The head of the Michigan Gaming Control Board said this week that online gambling and sports betting could go live by “late fall,” a bumped-up timeline amid the COVID-19 pandemic that has casinos across the state operating under significantly limited capacity.
- MLive, 9.24.20 – William Hill’s First Michigan Sports Book Opens At Turtle Creek Casino
- Famed sports betting company William Hill has opened its first Michigan sports book.
- PlayIllinois, 9.24.20 – A Year Of Waiting: Decisions On 5 Illinois Casino Licenses Still In Limbo
- The 2019 Illinois gaming bill allowed for casinos in Danville, Waukegan, Rockford, Williamson County and the south suburbs. But the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) still hasn’t given license applicants an answer.
- Colorado Public Radio, 9.24.20 – Basketball, Baseball Drive An August Sports Betting Surge
- Colorado sports bets took off in August as the return of basketball, baseball and hockey gave gamblers something to wager on.
- The Colorado Springs Gazette, 9.24.20 – Colorado Bettors Double Down On Sports Wagering In August
- Colorado bettors doubled down on sports wagering in August, raising the total to $128.6 million, the Colorado Division of Gaming announced this week.
- SBC Americas, 9.25.20 – IGT Strengthens US Presence With North Dakota Integration
- International Game Technology (IGT) has expanded its presence in the US by announcing an IGT PlaySports agreement with North Dakota facilities Grand Treasure Casino and Sky Dancer Casino & Resort.
- iGB North America, 9.25.20 – IGT Secures Tribal Sports Betting Deal In North Dakota
- International Game Technology (IGT) is set to expand its US retail sports betting network into North Dakota after striking a new deal with the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians.