iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gaming Intelligence, 9.27.19 – Unibet Launches Second Kambi-Powered Sportsbook In The US
- Stockholm-listed operator Kindred Group has launched its second online sportsbook in the United States under its flagship brand Unibet.
- SBC Americas, 9.27.19 – 888 And New York Jets Extend Sponsorship Deal For 2019-2020 Season
- Following a successful inaugural partnership last year, online gaming firm 888 has confirmed details regarding its extended its sponsorship deal with the NFL’s New York Jets for the 2019-2020 season.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.26.19 – An LSR Q+A With Fox Bet CEO Robin Chhabra About US Sports Betting
- Fox Bet made one of the year’s biggest sports betting splashes through its partnership with The Stars Group.
- SBC Americas, 9.27.19 – That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- The Washington Post, 9.26.19 – Court Temporarily Halts District’s No-Bid Sports Gambling Contract And Lottery Contract
- A D.C. Superior Court judge on Thursday blocked the District from moving forward on a controversial no-bid contract with a Greek gaming company to manage the city’s planned foray into online sports betting.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.27.19 – C. Judge Issues Temporary Restraining Order, Halts Intralot Contract [subscription paywall]
- A District of Columbia judge granted a temporary restraining order (TRO) on Thursday that will prevent the district’s new lottery and sports-betting contract with Greek vendor Intralot from taking effect for at least the next two weeks pending another hearing.
- Online Poker Report, 9.26.19 – To Succeed In Online Poker, Pennsylvania Operators Must Buck The Trend
- Sports bettors and online slots aficionados in Pennsylvania have some new toys to play with. The first regulated online casinos and sportsbooks are open for business and available to gamblers statewide.
- Play Pennsylvania, 9.26.19 – Did Sports Betting Kill The Horse Racing Industry? Or Was It The DOA?
- Doug Reed, the former director of University of Arizona’s horse racing program, said that it isn’t sportsbooks taking away market share. Rather, it is the failure of horse racing interests to keep pace.
- Play WV, 9.27.19 – Up, Up & Away: WVU Football, Online Sports Betting Apps Drive Betting Market
- Another week, another new record best overall betting handle for the West Virginia sports betting market. A week after the Mountain State set a new high for both total handle and revenue generated, online sports betting helped elevate the industry once again.
- The Journal, 9.27.19 – Lottery Commission Briefed On August Sports Betting Numbers
- August sports betting numbers are trending upward thanks to the start of college and professional football and the launch of mobile sports betting apps at two of the state’s five casinos, officials with the West Virginia Lottery Commission said on Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 9.26.19 – Sports Betting May Come Up During Illinois Legislature’s Veto Session
- The Illinois state legislature legalized sports betting in June. Three months later, there’s been little progress — at least publicly — toward the end goal of going live, and multiple stakeholders around the country suggest that the legislature could have more to say on the topic in late October when it convenes for its annual veto session.
- Indianapolis Business Journal, 9.26.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Will Launch Oct. 3
- Mobile sports betting will officially launch in Indiana on Oct. 3, enabling Hoosiers to wager through their phones or computers without ever visiting a casino.
- Louis Post-Dispatch, 9.26.19 – ‘I Am, Quite Frankly, Infuriated’: Missouri Officials Watch As Illegal Gambling Floods State
- Missouri citizens have identified at least 200 potentially illegal slot machines and other gaming devices in stores and fraternal organizations across the state this year.
- AP, 9.26.19 – Missouri Getting Complaints About Unregulated Gaming Devices
- The Missouri Gaming Commission has received 84 complaints this year that identified at least 200 possibly illegal slot machines and other gaming devices across the state, as lottery officials, casino operators and some business operators complain that the spread of phony machines is hurting their profits.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.27.19 – More From The Greatest Hits Album For NBA Commissioner Adam Silver
- Last week Bloomberg posted an interview with Silver that took place at the Economic Club in Washington, D.C. to its YouTube channel.