Industry News of the Day for September 27, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 9.27.21: Fanduel Names Carton As Responsible Gaming Ambassador
- Sports betting operator FanDuel has appointed media personality Craig Carton as the company’s responsible gaming ambassador.
- SBC, 9.27.21: Geocomply’s Pinpoint Technology Integral To Mobile Betting At Gold Strike Casino Resort
- GeoComply Solutions Inc has lauded the capability of its PinPoint technology in helping successfully launch on-premise mobile sports betting at Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, Mississippi.
- Play VA, 9.24.21: Golden Nugget Commits Funding For Virginia HBCUs Ahead Of Sportsbook Launch
- Virginians wondering whether the state’s eventual ninth licensed sportsbook will actually go start taking bets should ponder that question no further. Golden Nugget Virginia is putting its money where its mouth is in regard to Old Dominion.
- Sports Handle, 9.27.21: Tick-Tock: Mobile Operators’ Biggest Florida Foe? Time (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- DraftKings and FanDuel earlier this year staked a Florida political committee with $20 million in the hopes of getting an initiative on the ballot that would allow Florida voters to legalize statewide mobile sports betting that does not involve the Seminole Tribe
- Online Poker Report, 9.27.21: Entain Foundation Becomes A Donor For UNLV’s International Gaming Institute
- Last Wednesday, the Entain Foundation announced that it will provide a founding grant for a new betting and gaming research initiative at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.27.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: Waiting On Launch In Connecticut
- Happy Monday, everyone. There could be some exciting sports betting news coming this week as another state approaches its first legal bet.
- Sports Handle, 9.27.21: What’s On Tap: Tom Brady’s Return To Foxboro, AL Wild Card Race, And Heisman Preview In Bama-Ole Miss
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more
- Sports Hande, 9.24.21: Get A Grip —The Week In Sports Betting: Responsible Gaming, California Legalization, DK-Entain Proposal, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Play NY, 9.24.21: Industry Experts: Super Bowl Launch For NY Online Sports Betting Might Be Unrealistic
- There has been a lot of optimism surrounding New York being able to launch legalized online sports betting by Super Bowl LVI on Feb. 13, 2022.
- Hartford Courant, 9.26.21: On The Eve Of Sports Betting In Connecticut, There’s Still A Way Out For Some: Voluntary Self-exclusion
- The debut of legal sports betting and online casino gambling in Connecticut is days or perhaps weeks away, but a precautionary tool is already available: A chance for people to ban themselves from virtual gambling even before it starts.
- Action Network, 9.27.21: Connecticut Retail Sports Betting Clear Final Hurdle, Could Open Before Online Sportsbooks
- Connecticut’s first retail sportsbooks could open in the coming days.
- WVLT, 9.27.21: ‘Extraordinary’ First Year Of Sports Betting In Tennessee
- Online sports betting in Tennessee has only been legal since November 2020, and already the state has made millions of dollars off wagers placed inside state lines.