Industry News of the Day for September 28, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 9.28.21: Kambi’s State Of The Nation: Why Combinability Is The Next Battleground For US Sportsbooks
- In the latest installment of Kambi’s State of the Nation, SVP of Trading Simon Noy (pictured) looks at why combination bets are proving to be a key battleground for the US sports betting industry.
- Play MI, 9.28.21: Making Waves: DraftKings Has All The Momentum In Michigan Sports Betting
- DraftKings made big news in the US gambling industry last week, plopping down a $20 billion offer for Entain, a European gaming giant.
- Business Insider, 9.28.21: 10 Sports-betting Startups That Top Investors Say Are Poised To Take Off As Sportsbooks Fight For Market Share (GeoComply mentioned in list)
- With the startup space driving innovation and M&A in the sector, Insider asked five prominent venture capitalists and angel investors which sports betting startups they thought would surge in the next 12 months.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.27.21: Saskatchewan Announces Online Gambling Agreement With First Nations Group
- In a landmark deal, the Canadian province of Saskatchewan has announced that its approach to online casino and sports betting will be to go through Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (SIGA).
- Wall Street Journal, 9.27.21: Entertainment Giant Endeavor to Buy Sports-Betting Business for $1.2 Billion
- Entertainment giant Endeavor Group Holdings Inc. EDR +3.22% has agreed to buy an online sports-betting business from game developer Scientific Games Corp. SGMS +1.90% for $1.2 billion in cash and stock, the latest deal to build on the booming U.S. sports-wagering industry.
- Play USA, 9.28.21: Connecticut Online Gambling & Sports Betting Plan Oct. Launch – Everything To Know So Far
- The launch of legal online casinos, online sportsbooks, and retail sportsbooks in Connecticut could be less than two weeks away. While not everything may happen in concert, Connecticut online gambling is close.
- Sport Handle, 9.28.21: Connecticut’s Mashantucket Pequot Compact Published And Operational
- The Mashantucket Pequot’s amended gaming compact with the state of Connecticut was posted in the Federal Register Monday morning, clearing the way for both of the state’s tribes and the Connecticut Lottery to move forward with live, legal sports betting and iGaming.
- WAFB, 9.27.21: Sports Betting Delayed Due To Hurricane Ida
- According to Gaming Control Board Chairman Ronnie Johns, sports betting in Louisiana is delayed due to Hurricane Ida.
- SBC, 9.28.21: Summer Slowdown In Sports Betting Continues For Tennessee In August
- There was no August uptick for Tennessee sportsbooks who saw a continuation of the summer slowdown, matching July’s 2021 low in wagers ahead of the year’s busiest four-month stretch, according to PlayTenn.
- Play Tenn, 9.27.21: Tennesseans Wager $4.7 Million A Day In August and July
- The Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL), Tennessee’s current sports betting regulator, released stats pertaining to August wagering activity on Monday morning.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.27.21: Analyzing Latest Filing In Florida Sports Betting Compact Litigation
- We knew that this motion was coming in the Florida sports betting litigation saga.
- Play CO, 9.27.21: Colorado Sports Betting Handle Jumps To $212 Million In August
- And the Colorado sports betting market bears the fruit of that with a very strong August. For the month, the state brought in $212 million in handle. That is a 16.9% increase over July when the handle was $181.3 million.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.28.21: Baseball Tops August Colorado Sports Betting As Promos Inch Back
- Baseball betting stayed hot in August as Colorado sportsbooks started their upward climb into the busier sports season.
- CBS Denver, 9.27.21: Sports Betting In Colorado To Be ‘Astronomical’ During Football Season
- Colorado continues to see record numbers from sports gambling as the emerging industry starts its second football season.