iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 9.3.20 – Detroit Lions Name BetMGM As First Official Sports Betting Partner
- BetMGM, the GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts International joint venture, has been designated as the Detroit Lions’ first Official Sports Betting Partner.
- ESPN, 9.3.20 – Cubs Announce Plans For Sportsbook at Wrigley Field (DraftKings)
- A retail sportsbook, complete with betting windows and self-serve kiosks, is in the works at one of baseball’s most iconic venues, Wrigley Field.
- iGB North America, 9.3.20 – DraftKings Scores Chicago Cubs Deal, Opens Second NH Sportsbook
- DraftKings has brokered a deal to become the official sports betting and daily fantasy partner of Major League Baseball team the Chicago Cubs, while the operator has also opened a second retail sportsbook in New Hampshire.
- Fox Business, 9.2.20 – Michael Jordan Eyes Sports Betting Empire After DraftKings Equity Deal
- NBA legend Michael Jordan is all in on the burgeoning legal sports betting industry following his acquisition of an equity stake in DraftKings on Wednesday.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.3.20 – FanDuel Tests Illinois Sports-Betting Branding Law (subscription paywall)
- Fifteen months after the Senate sponsor of a bill legalizing sports betting testified that co-branding would not be permitted for online sportsbooks, FanDuel has launched the first test of Illinois’ branding restrictions.
- PlayUSA, 9.2.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: NBC Universal Goes All In With Pointsbet Deal
- In less than two weeks, if all goes to plan, the NFL will kick off, which makes the timing of last week’s news all the more ideal.
Overall Industry News:
- Axios, 9.3.20 – Mike Greenberg Explores Sports’ “Craziest Gambling Stories” In New ESPN+ Series
- Mike Greenberg’s new show, “Bettor Days,” debuts on ESPN+ Thursday.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.3.20 – Philadelphia Investor Wins Auction For New Pennsylvania Mini-Casino (subscription paywall)
- A Philadelphia businessman who developed Boyd Gaming’s Valley Forge Casino won the state’s final mini-casino license auction on Wednesday.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.2.20 – PA Mini-Casino Heading To State College: $10 Million Bid From IRA Lubert Approved
- Ira Lubert, a minority shareholder in Rivers Casino Pittsburgh, was declared the winning auction bidder for a mini-casino license Wednesday morning by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB).
- Sports Handle, 9.2.20 – Sports Betting Still Contentious In Connecticut
- Since the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act fell in 2018, Connecticut lawmakers have been eager to legalize sports betting — they’ve held multiple hearings, filed varying bills and tried to bring stakeholders face-to-face to find a compromise.
- WTRF, 9.2.20 – Sports Betting Back On At Wheeling Island Casino
- Mardi Gras Casino and now Wheeling Island Casino are reopening their sportsbooks! After the COVID-19 shutdown, they are launching sports betting again at the casinos, and on Betly- their statewide website and mobile app.
- PlayMichigan, 9.2.20 – Rep. Iden Thinks MI Online Gambling Has Nine-Figure Potential
- With eyes on a fall launch of online gambling, Michigan’s state government nudged the numbers with a positive projection last week.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.2.20 – LSR Q+A: TheScore Bet Launches In Colorado, Readies For Others
- The Colorado sports betting market got another operator today with theScore Bet finally going live in its second US state.