Industry News of the Day for September 30, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 9.30.21: Paysafe Streamlines Payments For Interactive Wagering With Fubo Gaming In US
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today announced a partnership with Fubo Gaming, the Chicago-based subsidiary of leading sports-first live TV streaming platform fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO).
- SBC, 9.29.21: Genius Sports Expands Entain And Betmgm Agreement To Include NFL Data And Content
- Official data supplier Genius Sports Limited has announced an expansion of its existing agreement with Entain and BetMGM to include a full NFL offering, complete with official data feeds, sportsbook content and fan engagement solutions.
- IGB, 9.30.21: PointsBet Canada partners Daily Faceoff and Nation Network
- Online gambling operator PointsBet has agreed a deal for its PointsBet Canada division to become the exclusive sports betting partner of ice hockey sites Dailyfaceoff.com and the Nation Network.
- CBS CT, 9.30.21: Sports Betting Begins in Connecticut (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- The Department of Consumer Protection approved the state licenses that Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mohegan Sun needed and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe is working with Draft Kings while the Mohegan Tribal Nation chose FanDuel to operate its sports betting.
- SBC, 9.30.21: Draftkings Goes Live With Retail Sports Betting At Foxwoods Resort Casino Connecticut
- Retail sports betting at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut begins today courtesy of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and DraftKings Inc.
- Washington Post, 9.30.21: NBA’s Jordan, Cuban And Leonsis Go On A Betting Streak (Sportradar mentioned)
- Sportradar AG, a Swiss startup that provides sports data to gambling companies, media outlets and professional leagues, went public recently in an initial offering that paid off handsomely for some early investors.
- Sports Handle, 9.29.21: Connecticut Retail Wagering Launch Scheduled For Thursday (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- DraftKings and FanDuel, in partnership with the Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos, respectively, are preparing to begin taking in-person sports bets on Thursday in Connecticut, according to the state’s Department of Consumer Protection.
Overall Industry News:
- Play USA, 9.29.21: PlayUSA Rewind: Ted Leonsis Leads Way In Another Sports Betting Evolution
- On to another week of the most interesting news to come out gambling, casinos, and sports betting!
- IGB, 9.30.21: New Hampshire Sports Betting Decline Continues In August
- Sports betting revenue in New Hampshire fell for the third consecutive month in August, while player spend slipped to its lowest sum since August 2020.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.29.21: Louisiana Sports Betting Delayed, Regulator Moving ‘Quickly As Possible’
- Hurricane Ida delayed the launch of Louisiana sports betting by about two weeks, according to Louisiana Gaming Control Board Chairman Ronnie Johns.
- IGB, 9.30.21: Rhode Island Sports Betting Revenue Slips To 12-month Low In August
- Sports betting revenue in Rhode Island fell to its lowest monthly total in 12 months during August, despite a month-on-month increase in player spending.