iDEA Growth Member News:
- Yahoo Finance, 9.4.19 – How Sports Betting Could Impact The NFL
- DraftKings Sportsbook Director Johnny Avello discusses the future of the NFL amid the advancing legalization of sports betting.
- US Bets, 9.4.19 – Meadows Prepares To Enter Western PA Sports Betting Competition, With DraftKings In Tow
- For seven months after the Rivers Casino opened its sportsbook on Pittsburgh’s North Shore in December, it was the only place to make a legal wager on a game in Western Pennsylvania.
- AP News, 9.4.19 – Larger U.S. Sports Betting Market Races For (Online) End Zone
- As the second NFL season following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling clearing the way for legal sports betting begins, the industry is growing larger and ever-more mobile.
- New Jersey Law Journal, 9.4.19 – Judge Delivers Setback To Proponents Of Cherry Hill Sports Betting Parlor
- A federal judge said she is likely to uphold a restrictive covenant against gambling activities at the former racetrack, but refused to grant a preliminary injunction barring operation of a sports betting site there.
- AP News, 9.4.19 – Lack Of Interest Thwarts Latest Pennsylvania Casino Action
- Lack of interest has thwarted Pennsylvania’s latest casino expansion attempt.
- Colorado Politics, 9.5.19 – Sports Betting: Would It Be A Game Changer For Colorado? [subscription paywall]
- Coloradans this November will vote on whether to allow sports wagering, with a 10% tax to help pay for state water projects.
- PlayWV, 9.4.19 – WV Sportsbooks Cheering The Return Of Online Sports Betting &WVU Football
- There hasn’t been this much excitement in the West Virginia sports betting market since the state introduced regulated legal sportsbooks a year ago. Now as the Mountain State heads into year two, residents have multiple online sports betting apps available to them just as football season arrives.
- Sports Handle, 9.4.19 – C. Lottery’s Final Regulations Allow Operators To Set Their Own Bet Limits
- Sports betting operators in Washington, D.C. will be able to set their own bet limits and the two-block exclusion zone around pro sports facilities has been better defined.
- Washington Business Journal, 9.4.19 – C. Lottery Unveils Final Sports Wagering Rules, Prohibits Sharing Of Bettor Data
- Sports wagering in the District won’t be in place for Thursday’s NFL season kickoff, but the Office of Lottery and Gaming has adopted the final rules and regulations for the nascent program, with the licensing process set to begin in the coming weeks.
- News 5 Cleveland, 9.5.19 – As Indiana Becomes Latest State To Offer Legal Sports Betting, This Is Where Ohio Stands
- As the NFL season kicks off tonight in Chicago with the hometown Bears taking on the Green Bay Packers, fans won’t have the option of placing a legal bet on the game because Illinois is not one of the dozen states now offering legalized sports betting.
- KWWL, 9.4.19 – Sports Betting Could Change Viewership Habits
- With sports betting in full swing across Iowa, sports books and mobile apps could change how people root for their teams.
Overall Industry News:
- ESPN, 9.5.19 – Buffalo Wild Wings, MGM Partner On Sports Betting
- A dozen spicy wings and a 12-team parlay? The sports betting experience is coming to a Buffalo Wild Wings near you via one of America’s largest bookmakers.