Industry News of the Day for September 8, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 9.8.22 – Paysafe partners with ClutchBet to process payments in Iowa
- Paysafe has linked with ClutchBet as the BlueBet US-facing brand launches its mobile app in Iowa. Under the provisions of the deal, Paysafe will deploy revamped Skrill USA digital wallet and its e-cash solution, Paysafecash, to enable online payments for ClutchBet’s Iowa sportsbook. Zak Cutler, President of Global Gaming at Paysafe, is quoted in this story.
- Sports Handle, 9.8.22 – PointsBet Adds Ryan Leaf To Broadcast Team
- PointsBet announced the addition Wednesday of former San Diego Chargers quarterback and ESPN football analyst Ryan Leaf to its roster of on-air talent, which will broadcast from the company’s new Manhattan studio. Johnny Aitken, PoinstBet USA CEO, is quoted in this story.
- iGB, 9.8.22 – Celebrities to feature in DraftKings’ new responsible gambling campaign
- DraftKings has launched a new responsible gambling campaign featuring skateboarding legend Tony Hawk and WWE professional wrestler The Miz. Produced by DraftKings’ creative and media agency VaynerMedia, the Practice Safe Bets initiative will go live during the American Gaming Association’s inaugural Responsible Gaming Education Month this September. Stephanie Sherman, DraftKings Chief Marketing Officer, is quoted in this story.
- CBS Sports, 9.8.22 – S. sports betting: Here’s where all 50 states stand on legalizing sports gambling, mobile bets
- Here’s a state-by-state examination of where the country stands on sports gambling, as of 2022. And remember, if you live in a state where sports gambling is legal, check out SportsLine for expert predictions.
- US Bets, 9.8.22 – Is Sports Betting Starting To Cause A Fantasy Football Exodus?
- With sports betting now legal and operational in more than 30 states, it raises the question: Will traditional sports betting just add to the total sports wagering ecosystem, or will it become a behemoth that sucks the air out of fantasy sports?
- Sports Handle, 9.7.22 – AGA Research Projects 46.6 Million Americans Plan To Bet On NFL
- The American Gaming Association projects a record 46.6 million American adults will make at least one wager on an NFL game for the upcoming season, according to a study it conducted in late August.
- Sports Handle, 9.7.22 – First Year Of Legal Arizona Wagering Even Better Than Expected
- Over the last 12 months, Arizona regulators have constantly been surprised. In a good way. On Sept. 9, 2021, the state became the biggest in the West to go live with digital and retail event wagering. From the time-release map the geofencing company GeoComply shared on that first day, to reaching $1 billion in handle in under three months, to consistently seeing handle of about $500 million per month, well, Arizona Department of Gaming Director Ted Vogt has been all smiles.
- Play CA, 9.7.22 – San Jose Leaders Dismiss Both Sports Betting Propositions
- Voters in California have two initiatives about sports wagering to decide on this fall. San Jose leaders have rejected both sports betting measures, propositions 26 and 27.
- Play CA, 9.7.22 – Tribal Online Sports Betting Initiative Fails On Random Count, Longshot On Full Count
- The California Secretary of State announced Friday that an online sports betting measure backed by Indian tribes did not qualify for the 2024 election by random sample.
- Play Colorado, 9.7.22 – Colorado Division Of Gaming Director Vows To End Illegal Casinos
- Gray skies may soon be hanging over Colorado’s illegal gambling market, thanks to an investigation by news station Denver7. In its aftermath, Governor Jared Polis recently signed a new law that gives the Colorado Division of Gaming the authority to look into gray casinos in areas that haven’t legalized gambling.
- Gaming Today, 9.7.22 – Magic City Casino Exec Predicts Florida Sports Betting Launch in 2025, Pari-mutuels With Retail
- Scott Savin says it a little sheepishly. But he doesn’t shy away from it, either. That’s because friends and customers at Magic City Casino remind him about it. And the chief operating officer has a shiny sportsbook in a repurposed section of the old greyhound track that can’t legally take bets.
- Play Ohio, 9.7.22 – One-Third Of Ohio Sports Betting Applicants Risk Missing Launch Over Application Details
- One-third of Ohio’s sports betting applicants are at risk of not being licensed in time to launch on Ohio’s universal start date of Jan. 1, 2023, the Ohio Casino Control Commission announced today.
- Play Virginia, 9.7.22 – As NFL Season Begins, Look For Virginia Sports Bets To Surge
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) expects a 3% nationwide increase in NFL bets, but the gains could be much higher in the commonwealth since Virginia sports bets are still relatively new.
- Sports Handle, 9.8.22 – A Year Into Sports Betting, The Action’s Elsewhere In Washington State
- On the first day that legal sports betting launches in most states, it’s typically off to the races for a slew of sportsbook operators keen on attracting as many customers as possible, as soon as possible.