iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 3.15.22: White Hat Studios Names Andy Whitworth As New CEO
- White Hat Studios, a division of White Hat Gaming, has named Andy Whitworth as its new CEO to help with its ongoing US expansion.
- SBC, 3.15.22: PointsBet Debuts Three New Products For NCAA March Madness
- PointsBet has debuted three new products for college basketball betting as part of its “OddsFactory” proprietary technology integration ahead of the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament.
- Play PA, 3.14.22: DraftKings CFO Says Merger with Golden Nugget ‘Imminent,’ Shares Plan for Path to Profitability
- During Bank of America’s Sports Betting and Online Gaming Virtual Event on March 11, DraftKings CFO Jason Park said the merger with Golden Nugget Gaming is “imminent.”
Overall Industry News:
- Axios, 3.14.22: March Madness Betting Expected To Set Record
- With legal sports betting markets in 30 states plus Washington, D.C., this year’s March Madness will generate the most betting in tournament history.
- Sports Handle, 3.14.22: What’s On Tap: March Madness, NFL/MLB Free Agency, And Champions League R16
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Penn Bets, 3.14.22: Philly Sportsbooks Bank On March Madness For A Big Rebound
- Philadelphia’s two casino sportsbooks were faced with some impediments to a boisterous start to 2022, but this week’s descent into March Madness should make up for all of that.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.14.22: Senate Discussion Starts Up On Missouri Sports Betting Bills
- With a Missouri House bill on the move, a Senate committee heard three separate sports betting bills for the first time Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 3.14.22: Louisiana Posts $238 Million Handle In First Full Month With Mobile
- The Louisiana Gaming Control Board reported an overall handle of more than $238 million for the month of February on Monday, with nearly 90% of that amount generated via mobile and online wagering.
- WRTV, 3.14.22: More People Are Expected To Bet On March Madness This Year, Especially In Indiana
- With three Indiana teams in the men’s NCAA tournament, people across Indiana won’t just be watching on TV — many will be betting on some of the games.
- IGB, 3.14.22: Indiana Sports Betting Handle Reaches $409m In February
- Players in Indiana bet a total of $409.1m on sports during February, while taxable adjusted gross revenue from sports wagering in the month hit $17.0m.
- IGB, 3.14.22: Iowa Sports Wagers Climb 50.4% Yoy To $215.9m In February
- Iowa’s sports betting handle increased 50.4% year-on-year to $215.9m in February, while the state also experienced an 11.7% rise in revenue.