Industry News of Day for October 12, 2021
Overall Industry News:
- Los Angeles Times, 10.12.21: Lessons from the U.K. as legal sports betting approaches ‘bubble territory’
- A couple years ago, British television was forced to confront its sports gambling problem. Or, more precisely, its betting advertising problem.
- AdWeek, 10.12.21: As Publishers Embrace Sports Betting, Advertisers Ante Up (subscription paywall)
- Gambling has enjoyed a handsome makeover in recent years—and marketers have taken notice of it.
- Sports Handle, 10.11.21: What’s On Tap: NHL Opening Night, NFL Week 6, And Conclusion Of Giants-Dodgers
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Forbes, 10.12.21: Venture Capital Fund Raises $10 Million For Investments In Sports Betting, Online Gambling Technology Companies
- Two years ago, Danzig launched Sharp Alpha Advisors, a company that serves as a strategic and financial advisor to startups, casinos and professional sports organizations to better understand the evolving sports betting industry.
- WTEN, 10.12.21: NYS Gaming Commission Still Reviewing Mobile Sports Betting Applications
- New York State approved mobile sports betting last spring, but implementation remains in the works.
- Westchester & Fairfield County, 10.12.21: Online Sports Betting Starts Today With ‘Soft Launch’
- Online sports betting finally begins today in Connecticut with a “soft launch” at 3 p.m.
- NBC CT, 10.12.21: Soft Launch of Online Sports Betting, Gaming in Conn. Begins Today
- A seven-day soft launch of online sports betting and gaming in Connecticut is starting today.
- Savannah Now, 10.12.21: Georgia Lawmakers Set To Renew Debate Over Legalized Gambling
- While the General Assembly gears up for next month’s once-a-decade redrawing of Georgia’s legislative and congressional district maps, lawmakers also will soon renew a much more frequent debate over legalized gambling.
- IGB, 10.12.21: Virginia Sports Betting Revenue Decline Continues In August
- The Virginia Lottery has revealed sports betting revenue declined for the third consecutive month in August, despite the US state seeing a month-on-month improvement in handle.
- Play IN, 10.11.21: Indiana Beats Record For Sports Betting Handle In A Single Month
- According to the latest report from the Indiana Gaming Commission, Hoosiers wagered over $355 million on sports throughout September.
- Play MI, 10.12.21: Return Of NFL Nearly Doubles Sports Betting At Detroit Casinos To $32.5 Million In September
- As the National Football League returned in September, so did some heavy sports betting at the Detroit casinos.
- Sports Handle, 10.11.21: Seminole CEO Undeterred By Legal Challenges As FL Sports Betting Launch Nears
- Speaking on stage last week at a closely watched panel at the 2021 Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas, Seminole Gaming CEO Jim Allen openly described how his life is dominated by work, not play.