iDEA has emerged as the only credible advocate for regulated online gaming and sports betting in the United States, and we do hope that Global Payments will join us in this important industry effort. Legislators and regulators have been trained to trust industry associations like iDEA, and in the states, it is an effective way for our collective voice to be heard.
Here is the business case for joining iDEA:
- We provide a strong and unified industry advocacy position with political representatives and business groups in 5 states currently considering legalizing online gaming and sports betting - with more forecasted to join them in 2019.
- We create powerful coalitions of like-minded business groups to make a strong economic case for online gaming and sports betting.
- We provide legal advice and joint defense when needed.
- We work directly with the news media, social media influencers, and other influential community groups to address local online gaming and betting issues.
- We provide networking opportunities, newsletters, Daily News Clips, and forums to strengthen the online gaming industry’s messaging and its influence.
Joining iDEA is a cost-effective way to stay on top of what is happening in online gaming. Direct benefits to your business include:
- Multiplying your investment in lobbyists, PR firms, and legal counsel.
- Enhancing your reputation by aligning with an established, credible Washington-based Association that has a presence in all major states considering legislation to legalize online gaming.
- Increasing your company’s political clout by turning one company’s voice into a collective shout.
- Providing access to your industry’s leadership via meetings, conference calls, and lobbying activities.
Some of iDEA’s notable accomplishments include:
- Filing suit against the U.S. DOJ - iDEA filed suit against the U.S. Department of Justice to challenge the reversal of the Wire Act; implications that directly affect our mission and member organizations. (Filings attached)
- Economic Impact of NJ iGaming Study - A respected, peer-reviewed research study showing the positive impacts of regulated online gaming. (Executive Summary attached)
- Amicus Brief (Murphy v. NCAA) - iDEA submitted an Amicus Brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in Murphy v. NCAA, the case that ultimately struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) and paved the way for sports betting.
- Draft model legislation - iDEA developed model legislation to serve as a guide for state lawmakers legislating online gaming. (attached)
- Focused state-by-state and federal media relations and lobbying campaign. (Sep - Dec 2018 PR results attached)