Industry news and information
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.21: POINTSBET LOOKS TO MORE THAN DOUBLE CASH ON HAND AS US RACE STAYS HOT
- PointsBet announced a $300 million (A$400 million) capital raise to continue its North American expansion during its fourth-quarter conference call Wednesday evening.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: PointsBet records 153.9% revenue growth in FY2021
- Australia-based online bookmaker PointsBet has reported a 153.9% year-on-year revenue increase in its results for the 2020-21 financial year, ended 30 June.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: NFL’s Colts to offer FanDuel site credit in new ticket package
- Flutter Entertainment-owned FanDuel Group has expanded its partnership with National Football League (NFL) franchise the Indianapolis Colts to include a new ticketing element where fans can receive FanDuel site credit with a Colts ticket package.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: DraftKings and Sports & Social to launch sports bars with new partnership
- Gambling and sports betting operator DraftKings has entered into a strategic partnership with US entertainment brand Sports & Social, owned by the Cordish Companies, in order to create new DraftKings sports bars across the US.
- Sports Handle, 7.29.21: New York Tracker: Who’s In, Who’s Out Of Running For Mobile Sports Gambling Contract?
- Reversing course on his longstanding opposition toward mobile sports betting, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo brokered a deal in April to legalize online sports wagering in the Empire State.
- WSHU, 7.29.21: Problem Gambling Advocates See Problem’s With New York’s Sports Betting Law
- New opportunities to wager on sporting events in New York are raising plenty of red flags, according to a group dedicated to increasing public awareness about problem gambling.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: Rhode Island sports betting revenue reaches $36.2m in FY2021
- Sports betting revenue in Rhode Island amounted to $36.2m in the state’s 2021 financial year, almost double the total generated in the previous 12-month period.
- iGB North America, 7.30.21: Nevada revenue dips in June despite casinos returning to full capacity
- Gaming revenue in Nevada fell 3.3% month-on-month in June despite land-based casinos across the US state returning to full capacity following the easing of novel coronavirus (Covid-19) restrictions.
- iGB North America, 7.29.21: Massachusetts State Lottery breaks sales and profit records in 2021
- The Massachusetts State Lottery recorded an all-time record profit of $1.105bn in its 2021 fiscal year, consisting of the twelve months to June 30, 2021.
- PlayIA, 7.30.21: IOWA LOTTERY SEES RECORD YEAR, TOPS $100 MILLION IN PROCEEDS FOR FY21
- Iowa Lottery officials released the preliminary fiscal year 2021 figures Wednesday. For the first time, the IA Lottery passed $100 million in proceeds to state causes.
- SBC Americas, 7.30.21: Washington Indian Gaming Association issues statement on approval of sports betting licensing rules
- The Washington Indian Gaming Association has issued a statement on the state’s Gambling Commission voting to approve sports wagering licensing rules.
July 30, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News: TN Bets, 7.29.21: DraftKings Looks To Open Branded Bar In Nashville Under New Partnership DraftKings announced Thursday that it is looking to… MORE
iDEA Growth Member News: IGB, 7.27.21: Fanduel Appoints Borkowski As New Senior Vice President Of Marketing FanDuel has announced the appointment of Brian Borkowski as its… MORE
iDEA's Responsible Gaming Initiative
See how we ensure the fairness of the game, the safety of
consumers and children, and the security of player information.