Industry news and information
iDEA Growth Member News
- Gambling News: Evolution’s CPO: AI Can Open a New Chapter for Slot Production
- Evolution, a leading B2B solution provider, trusts in the power of AI for slot production. The company’s chief product officer, Todd Haushalter, addressed the potential of AI during a recent event in Malta, iGaming Next reported. Haushalter commented on the opportunities that AI offers, saying that one of Evolution’s development teams recently experimented with AI.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Microbetting Is On The Rise, With Endless Live-Betting Possibilities On The Horizon
- Ryan Keur, Simplebet’s vice president of revenue and trading, said microbetting makes up for about 25% to 30% of all in-play wagering. During a panel discussion a day later at the SBC North America Summit, Andrew Bimson, president and chief operating officer at Sportradar, a provider of data and statistics, said microbetting accounts for about $1.5 billion to $2 billion in handle now — a small share of an industry that took in $93.2 billion in bets in 2023 — and could reach as much as $20 billion by 2027.
- CDC Gaming Reports: IGT Inks Long-Term Contract With Connecticut Lottery
- International Game Technology today announced that its subsidiary, IGT Global Solutions Corporation, has signed an eight-year contract with the Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) to deploy its iLottery gaming system and related components. This technology will enable the CLC to sell Keno and draw-based lottery games for the first time via a new website and mobile app developed by IGT. The contract is expected to run through May 2031 and includes four years of possible extension options. The iLottery gaming system is anticipated to launch in the late fall of 2023.
- Sports Handle: Illinois Responsible Gambling Bill Language Scrapped In General Assembly
- The Illinois General Assembly approved bills related to sports wagering and casino gaming in its recently completed session, but a third piece of legislation, focused on responsible gambling, did not achieve its original sponsors’ goals. The state legislature extended the status quo regarding sports betting on in-state colleges and universities by continuing to allow only pre-game, in-person wagers for the spread, moneyline, and totals for those contests.
- PlayKentucky: Beshear: Kentucky ‘Committed’ To Launching Sportsbooks By NFL Season
- In his boldest declaration of a launch timeline so far, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear told reporters on Thursday that state lawmakers and regulators are “committed to making it happen” when it comes to launching sportsbooks by NFL kickoff. “I will tell you, this is a very ambitious goal to get this launched by the NFL season,” Beshear said during his weekly Team Kentucky press conference. “But every single one of our cabinets and the (Kentucky) Horse Racing Commission have all committed to making it happen.”
- PlayMaryland: Fanatics Sportsbook Launches In Maryland, Becomes 10th Online Sportsbook In State
- Fanatics launched its online sportsbook in Maryland Thursday, becoming the 10th mobile sports betting platform available in the state. The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency announced the launch of the newest Maryland online sports betting operator via press release. It’s the fourth state in which Fanatics has gone live, as it is also up and running in Massachusetts, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Gaming Today: Missouri Senator Rizzo Sees Longer Road to Legal Sports Betting in Show-Me State
- Sen. John Rizzo doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to sit around doing nothing. Even when the Missouri Senate is not in session, like now, he’s busy. Papers were shuffling and doors opening and closing on Wednesday when Gaming Today caught up with him to ask when Missouri will pass legal sports betting. That probably won’t happen until at least 2025, said Rizzo.
- PlayUSA: Nevada Lottery Bill Advances To 2025 Legislative Session
- Nevada lawmakers took an essential bureaucratic step to eventually allow voters to have another try to annul the state’s 159-year-old constitutional lottery ban. The 12-8 Senate vote means the Nevada lottery bill will get a required second run through the 2025 legislative session. Assembly Joint Resolution 5 (AJR5) would remove the prohibition on state lotteries. The bill would go to the 2026 general election vote if passed again.
- NCSharp: North Carolina Poised To Legalize Online Sports Betting
- North Carolina is on the cusp of legal online sports betting. The state Senate sent the industry’s future back to the House on Thursday by passing House Bill 347 on its third reading. Thursday’s 37-11 vote followed the Senate’s approval Wednesday and sent the North Carolina sports betting bill back to the House for concurrence on its changes. After some uncertainty on whether the House would accept the Senate’s changes, House Speaker Tim Moore said Thursday that the House would concur with the changes early next week, according to WRAL-TV’s Brian Murphy.
- Ontario: OLG CEO Calls For Greater Restraint With Online Gambling Advertisements
- Another key figure has sided against the current state of Ontario online casino and sports betting advertisements. On Monday May 29, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation CEO, Duncan Hannay, appeared before the Legislative Assembly of Ontario’s Standing Committee on Public Accounts. There, officials asked for his thoughts about the boom of online gambling advertising in the open market era. The main takeaway from his response: operators should rein in their advertisement output.
June 2, 2023
Industry News CDC Gaming Reports: IGT Introduces Omnichannel Wide Area Progressive Jackpots In New Jersey International Game Technology Wednesday announced it will introduce the first omnichannel… MORE
Industry News SBC Americas: XLMedia Warns Investors Of Weaker H1 Performance As US Launches Slow Down XLMedia CEO David King has told investors that he is anticipating weaker… MORE
Industry News SBC Americas: Avoiding Another Cali: Overcoming Tribal Relationships And Legislative Hurdles For Sports Betting Five years after the repeal of PASPA, the sports betting… MORE
iDEA's Responsible Gaming Initiative
See how we ensure the fairness of the game, the safety of
consumers and children, and the security of player information.