iDEA Growth Member News:
- Business Journals Twin Cities, 3.31.22: How Sportradar Levels The Playing Field For Sports Gambling
- The legalization of sports betting is gaining momentum around the country. Although legislation hasn’t yet passed in Minnesota, a key player in sports gambling operations is already running the show here from behind the scenes.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.31.22: Kindred Joins Ontario Sports Betting Ranks As Launch Date Nears
- Kindred has become the latest operator to secure an Ontario sports betting license, pledging to launch its Unibet brand when the market goes live on April 4.
- IGB, 3.31.22: State of the Union: Ontario, Boyd, Fanduel and more
- FanDuel will withdraw its daily fantasy sports product from Ontario from 1 April, in line with the Canadian province’s regulations for when its online betting and gaming market opens to licensed operators.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 4.1.22: SportsHandle: The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- National Law Review, 3.31.22: What the Future Holds for Esports Gambling
- The emergence of legalized sports gambling in more than half the states across the country appears destined to coincide with the rise of competitive video gaming or “esports”—a wildly popular sphere within the entertainment industry now facing increasing regulatory scrutiny.
- Kansas City Star, 4.1.22: Kansas Is Poised To Legalize Sports Betting. Missouri Is Still Divided On Details.
- Kansas is poised to become the next state to legalize sports betting, as the Legislature nears final approval of a deal four years in the making.
- Sports Handle, 3.31.22: Minnesota Sports Betting Bill Passes Through Fourth House Committee
- Another week, another stop in a committee for a Minnesota sports betting bill.
- WSB-TV 2, 3.31.22: Fate Of Sports Gambling Bill Comes Down To Friday Committee Hearing
- There won’t be any casino gambling or horse racing in Georgia this year. But sports wagering is still alive on the legislative agenda.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.31.22: Time Is Tight For Georgia Sports Betting Bill But Hope Remains
- Sports betting in Georgia has a pulse, but there is not much time left to pass the bill before the session ends next Monday.
- USA Today, 3.30.22: Las Vegas Remains March Madness Mecca For Sports Bettors, Despite Expansion Of Online Outlets
- At the historic theater where Elvis Presley performed more than 600 times during his famed Las Vegas residency, sellout crowds packed inside paid up to $2,500 per ticket for VIP access to March Madness.
- SBC, 4.1.22: Nevada Completes Full Year Of At Least $1bn Monthly Gaming Revenue
- Nevada gaming continued its upward trend in February, completing a full year of surpassing the billion dollar mark in revenue every month.
- FOX 31, 3.31.22: Colorado Breaks Betting Record During 2022 Super Bowl
- The 2022 Super Bowl broke records in Colorado’s short history as a betting-legal state.
- Play CO, 3.31.22: February Colorado Sports Wagering Dips to $440.5 Million
- Colorado sportsbooks took a step back in February with a $440.5 million wagering month.
- Sports Handle, 4.1.22: Colorado Reports Adjusted Sports Betting Revenue Loss For February
- The Colorado Department of Revenue posted an adjusted gross revenue loss of more than $1.1 million for sports betting in the month of February, the second time that has happened in the state’s 22 months of legal wagering.