- PlayUSA: AGA Says US Gambling Industry Exceeds Workforce Diversity Norms
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) is a trade group for gambling companies in the United States. That dichotomy of analyzing the US gambling industry while consisting of companies involved in that space is present in a new gaming industry diversity report.
District of Columbia
- Legal Sports Report: Private DC Sports Betting Operators Pledge Support To Problem Gambling Funds
- More organizations are speaking out in an attempt to keep funds from DC sports betting dedicated to problem gambling programs. Mayor Muriel Bowser proposed stripping the $200,000 set aside annually for a problem gambling fund for use elsewhere in her fiscal 2024 budget proposal. The District collected $600,000 so far from DC sports betting taxes, but none of it has been used for problem gambling.
- SBC Americas: Churchill Downs Partners With Everi For App Rollout Ahead Of Kentucky Derby
- Everi Holdings has leveraged its Venuetize mobile app platform to launch phase two of Churchill Downs Racetrack’s mobile experience. Phase Two of the launch sees the utilization of the “unique features” of both the Kentucky Derby and Churchill Downs Racetrack, offering users a 2-in-1 approach.
- PlayUSA: Gov. Beshear Hopes Kentucky Sportsbooks Launch Before NFL Season
- Governor Andy Beshear promised a quicker push to get sports betting in Kentucky started. Beshear said on Friday that, if possible, he’d like to see legal sportsbooks launch in time for the upcoming NFL season.
- PlayMaryland: Maryland Sports Betting Handles Nearly $386 Million In March
- Maryland sports betting handled almost $386 million in March to set a new monthly record. The mark was reached thanks to a successful March Madness in the first year Maryland online sports betting was available for the basketball extravaganza.
- Gaming Today: Massachusetts Declines DraftKings’ Request for Boston Marathon Wagering
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission voted 4-0 last week against a proposal by DraftKings Sportsbook to permit gambling in the state on this year’s Boston Marathon. DraftKings’ Boston Marathon request was part of item 480, a proposal to add several new sports to the permitted Massachusetts gaming catalog.
- PlayMissouri: Filibuster And New Amendments Halt Passage Of Missouri Sports Betting Bill
- The legalization of Missouri sports betting just can’t turn the corner. And, not surprisingly, it’s about money. Even with top political leaders from both sides of the isle pushing for the legalization of sports betting in the state — a lucrative chance to generate large amounts of tax revenue for a state that falls right around the middle of the pack in total state tax revenue at $15 billion a year — the effort can’t get over the hump.
- SBC Americas: Ohio Regulators Approve The Use Of Gift Cards For Online Sportsbook Deposits
- Deposit options for Ohio sports bettors are changing thanks to a new decision by the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC). Executive Director Matt Schuler has decided to allow gift cards as means to fund sports betting accounts in the state. While the decision is official, do not expect gift cards to immediately be available in stores and available to load an account.
- PlayCanada: GeoComply Reports On Fraud Attempts In First Year Of Ontario’s Open Market
- GeoComply recently released its risk numbers highlights from the first year of Ontario’s open online casino and sports betting market. In that first year, revenue was some $1.4 billion according to iGaming Ontario. Sporting such high volumes of users, GeoComply found “evidence that Ontario’s regulated market is attracting attention from around the world.”