Industry News of the Day for April 12, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 4.12.22: Will Boyd $170 Million Deal For Pala Interactive Spark M&A Flurry?
- Boyd Gaming has acquired technology firm Pala Interactive in a move that could spark further M&A in the online gambling space.
- iGaming Business News, 4.12.22: Betsson extends Paysafe partnership into US with Colorado launch
- Betsson has expanded its partnership with specialised payments platform Paysafe into the US, beginning with Colorado following the recent launch of its sportsbook in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.12.22: Mobile NY Sports Betting Tax Bill Tracking Well For Projections
- The mobile NY sports betting market has already contributed $163.6 million in taxes for education in under three months.
- Play NY, 4.12.22: Not Done Yet: Sen. Addabbo Still Pushing Several NY Gaming Bills Before Session Ends June 2
- Addabbo would still like to accomplish more on the New York gaming front before the post-budget session concludes June 2.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.11.22: Illinois Sportsbooks See Dip In Last Month Without Remote Registration
- Illinois sportsbooks were probably too excited to see the final full month of in-person registration end to fret about the seasonal February dip.
- Sports Handle, 4.11.22: Will Kentucky’s Senate Pass The Sports Betting Bill This Week?
- The time has come for the Kentucky Senate to decide whether sports betting should be legal in the commonwealth.
- Sports Handle, 4.11.22: Maryland Nets $577,000 In Sports Betting Tax Revenue For March
- Maryland sports bettors legally wagered over $31 million in March, according to data released Monday by Maryland Lottery and Gaming.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle, 4.12.22: NCAA Tournament Helps Push March Maryland Sports Betting Handle Back Over $30 Million
- Maryland saw its sports betting handle rise above $30 million in March after a dip to $25.5 million in February.
- Sports Handle, 4.12.22: Florida’s Sports Betting Future Still On Hold Amid New Court Filings
- One side makes argument to be heard in appeals court as case surrounding tribal-state compact drags on
- Las Vegas Review Journal, 4.12.22: Tribe, UNLV collaborate on ‘next generation’ responsible gaming program
- UNLV researchers and the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians are teaming up for what they believe will be a transformative project in responsible gaming.